good credit/bad credit marriage

matt2402

Hi,

My wife and I would like to start looking at a first home purchase. My credit is poor (619/637) while her credit is great (well over 700). Unfortunately, my income is significantly higher than hers. Does anyone have any comments or suggestions? Our debts aren't bad...just some student loans and our income is relatively high. Do you think we'd get qualified? How do lenders look at two credit histories?

Thanks

hello i am in the same boat sorta..we are hoping to buy a house in the near future too so we are cleaning up our credit as best as possible...only w us it is ME who is a stay at home mom w the worser credit then DH..mine is high 500's to low 600 while his are high 600's-to low 700's.....it is he who works and makes the good income..i posted something kinda similar to this awhile back and most people said, as long as the worse credit person has no Unpaid collections or stuff like that, that u should be ok..just make sure u have no outstanding late payments or unpaid collections....good luck!

Add me to the list...I'm in the mid 500's, and fiancee is in the upper 700's....

We're waiting to see how it turns out with her on her own...but we don't think her income is enough to cover it....Then we'll go ahead and try together.