How to dispute ............ ?

Anonymous

I have read many different threads as to how people have disputed CR's and trying to find out what is the best way. Some are using the line of "That not mine" so that are doing that are being shot down. The DW and I have looked at all three of the CR's and none of them are the same as to the amount. But we have do not know as to the exact amount for the account should be. There are some that are reported as being with more than on CA or with the OC and the CA. We are trying to get all our ducks in a row so that when I sit down to send all the DV's and CD's that none of them will shoot me down. I don not plan on doing all TL's at the same time. Was wondering if it was best to do 2 or 3 per letter?

Thanks in advance,

René

[Edit by LocoLoopy on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 @ 08:05 AM]

Well this is the beauty of it. Once you try one method, you can come back and try another one.

Most agree that "not mine" is the best way to go at the start, because it puts CA's on their heels to FIND your account. Why challenge the amounts when it's entirely possible the CA doesn't even know who you are?

After they find it, then you can worry about things like dates, monetary figures, etc.

The reason you start out with "not mine" the FIRST time is to give yourself more opportunities to dispute other things should they verify the account. People don't get shot down with "not mine" if it's their first dispute but when they dispute that same reason over and over. If you start out disputing "wrong balance" you really can't go back and say "not mine" should it be verified because how would you have known the balance was wrong the first time then.......

One thing to remember...

If you dispute it as "not mine" and are shot down, you can always dispute the balance later...and then the dates...and then the account number...etc.

If you start as "incorrect balance" and get shot down, you can't then turn around and say "not mine."

“It wasn’t me…”

“You saw somebody that looked like me, but it wasn’t me”

Raw, starring Eddie Murphy.

Even after using all the techniques like wrong balance, wrong date, blah, I have used the line “it wasn’t me” with some success in getting stuff removed. It took some big huevos for me to use that after months of disputing but it has worked. However, I would suggest using “not mine” first and months down the road, try using “not mine” again.

And watch the movie RAW right before you get on the phone and tell them “it wasn’t me”.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Ravenous Wolf

“It wasn’t me…”

“You saw somebody that looked like me, but it wasn’t me”

Raw, starring Eddie Murphy.

</blockquote>

LOL, I know what you're talking about- LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!