American Agencies

kjunior

I cannot find an address for American Agc, but have been able to locate phone numbers in 4 or 5 different locations. Should i call them. I was tryingto send a cease letter since it is a collection agency, but i am unable to do so. The orginal debt was with Southwestern bell. What do do next/

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote>Originally posted by kjunior

I cannot find an address for American Agc, but have been able to locate phone numbers in 4 or 5 different locations. Should i call them. I was tryingto send a cease letter since it is a collection agency, but i am unable to do so. The orginal debt was with Southwestern bell. What do do next/

</blockquote>

I think I know who these bozo's are!!

Do you have an outstanding phone bill???

</blockquote>

American Agencies

2158 W 190th St, Torrance, CA 90504

Phone: (310) 212-0400

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

yes, and have been on hold for 13 minutes now.

</blockquote>

</blockquote>

yes, and have been on hold for 13 minutes now.

</blockquote>

They also have a branch office in San Diego,

Watch out for these guy, they will not NEGOTIATE your bill down, and they are going to tell you they are a utility company, you are going to call the PUC and it turns out they are the phone company. It's joke (LOL).

I have an outstanding bill with them, I'm going to try to dispute the charges, make them Itemize and dispute items. Maybe SWEDE can help us.

how should i handle them. Now i can't get them to vome back to the phone. i have let them know that another collections agecny is trying to collect the same debt.

</blockquote>

HANG UP THE PHONE- DO NOT TALK TO CA's ON THE PHONE

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

how should i handle them. Now i can't get them to vome back to the phone. i have let them know that another collections agecny is trying to collect the same debt.

</blockquote>

HANG UP THE PHONE- DO NOT TALK TO CA's ON THE PHONE

</blockquote>

Your right, thanks!!

Hey, hang up, these guys are going to update you credit report it the next 30 days with the original bill plus late fees!!!!

Help Swede what should we do about American Agencies? This has been one of the hardest collections for me to get off. help!!!!

I hung-up after 15 minutes of speaking to David Lakewood, who really didn' sound likehe had a clue.

Help Swede what should we do about American Agencies? This has been one of the hardest collections for me to get off. help!!!!

I hung-up after 15 minutes of speaking to David Lakewood, who really didn' sound likehe had a clue.

</blockquote>

Hey, add me to that list too!! I think we are going to have to go all the way to the FTC on these guys.

</blockquote>

Rules of credit repair:

#1- Never talk to CA's on the phone

#2- create papertrail

#3- document everything

etc........see where I'm going with this I'm sure. If they can't put anything in writing, it's probably not true.

Yes, AA is a tough one to deal with. Please give us all the information on this account and the complete background on what you've done so far.

okay, what i have for American AGC is the account# 5312761. i disputed it as "not mine" and has come back verified. placed 4/02, verifed 9/02 balance $349, most owed $279. I had the phone back 3/97.

</blockquote>

Rules of credit repair:

#1- Never talk to CA's on the phone

#2- create papertrail

#3- document everything

etc........see where I'm going with this I'm sure. If they can't put anything in writing, it's probably not true.

Yes, AA is a tough one to deal with. Please give us all the information on this account and the complete background on what you've done so far.

</blockquote>

These where the first guys I wanted to deal with, I can't get phone service, so I had to move mountians to get on the net on a regular basis. I had been using the net at work, quit my job to get my business going agian,had left phone bill go, was using cell phone, you get the picture.

Anyhow,

I called them:

They pulled up my bill and tried to negotiate a partial, they said the a utility company; We don't negotiate they said;

So,

1 called the PUC,complained, they said we are PACBELL?

2.called manager at AA in San Diego, she reitterated, my account rep. who is handling you're account told you we don't negotiate.

3.Unfortionatly, now that I think about it, I gave them my phone number where they could reach me.(duh, probably validated...,

explains why the amount on my TU went up last 30 days)

4. Manager, told me to send them a letter, registered, outlining my disputes

5. It's been 30 days

Should we send ceas and desist letters to American AGC?

</blockquote>

I would wait for Swede, see what she has to say. Don't talk to these guys.

I have some Ideas but for now don't make a move till she get back to us.

If you need phone service, and can get a cell phone go for it!

I'm sure you have something your on the net.

Hold off she'll get back to us.

desparatly!!!!!

Also have questions about other accounts if you can help out. Student loans that have aged, capitol one, judgements etc.

If you can helpp, thnks

</blockquote>

For right now, let's just wait for SWEDE, I promise I will help you as much as I can, I not an expert, but I was doing OK until I got blindsided by Capitol One, We might have to start a new thread for your other stuff,

... Sit tight for a few minutes.

okay, what i have for American AGC is the account# 5312761. i disputed it as "not mine" and has come back verified. placed 4/02, verifed 9/02 balance $349, most owed $279. I had the phone back 3/97.

</blockquote>

Ok, well already there's an inaccuracy, how can the current balance be higher than most owed? If your first dispute failed, you move onto to DV with the CA and simultaneous disputes. Research as much as possible on the company before sending your letter. What state are you in? Does your state require licencing? If so, do they have one? Did you ever recieve a letter from them? Did it contain the mini-miranda?

Send a DV letter to them, use one of the samples here and change it to fit your situation. Send the letter CMRRR, track it, when you know they signed for it, dispute again with the CRA using something else. This will do one of two things. They can chose to not reply to the dispute which will result in deletion, or they can verify/update but if they do, they MUST include the notice of the dispute which they normally don't so you're creating leverage by their violation that you may use to force them to delete. They have to provide this notice both under the FCRA and the FDCPA.

You need to create papertrail and document violations. Treat this as though you eventually will end up in court and prepare for the worst. The judge can only look favorable upon you if you can show that you have repeatedly informed of inaccuracies and asked for proof and given them every chance to correct this mistake before bringing the matter to him.

</blockquote>

No, if you send a C&D they have no other choice but to communicate with you IN COURT (not sure where you're at so I have no idea on the SOL for this) Include what we call a partial C&D in the letter stating that ALL CONTACT MUST BE IN WRITING- NO PHONE. Check your state's recording laws, and tape them if they do call if you're in an one-party consent state. Check it here http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.tel.tape.law.html

</blockquote>

Ok, well already there's an inaccuracy, how can the current balance be higher than most owed? If your first dispute failed, you move onto to DV with the CA and simultaneous disputes. Research as much as possible on the company before sending your letter. What state are you in? Does your state require licencing? If so, do they have one? Did you ever recieve a letter from them? Did it contain the mini-miranda?

Send a DV letter to them, use one of the samples here and change it to fit your situation. Send the letter CMRRR, track it, when you know they signed for it, dispute again with the CRA using something else. This will do one of two things. They can chose to not reply to the dispute which will result in deletion, or they can verify/update but if they do, they MUST include the notice of the dispute which they normally don't so you're creating leverage by their violation that you may use to force them to delete. They have to provide this notice both under the FCRA and the FDCPA.

You need to create papertrail and document violations. Treat this as though you eventually will end up in court and prepare for the worst. The judge can only look favorable upon you if you can show that you have repeatedly informed of inaccuracies and asked for proof and given them every chance to correct this mistake before bringing the matter to him.

</blockquote>

No, if you send a C&D they have no other choice but to communicate with you IN COURT (not sure where you're at so I have no idea on the SOL for this) Include what we call a partial C&D in the letter stating that ALL CONTACT MUST BE IN WRITING- NO PHONE. Check your state's recording laws, and tape them if they do call if you're in an one-party consent state. Check it here http://www.pimall.com/nais/n.tel.tape.law.html

</blockquote>

Thank You Swede(y) your a honey.

So we have to do a DV. I didn't fully grasp the second paragraph but the C&D is a definate No!!

..My question is how can we forced them to Itemize the bill and all the charges.

Swede, I guess Kj is gone.

Swede(y) thanks,

I'm going to start working on the DV. I have to read more on the reply and and check that link, maybe Kj is there.

... If I dissapear that's were I'm at,

Do you think I'm going to be able to remove it, and pay them a lessor amount, or take them to court.

I'm going to be getting cable, so the phone issue is not a problem.

Thanks again, your a sweet heart!!!!!!

..is it ok If I ask more questions on this is, I'll get the FTC on these bozos if i have to.????????

[Edit by ADSOFT on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 @ 02:47 PM]

Kjunior, check this out!!!!

http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/cgi-local/cutecast/cutecast.pl?action=edit&forum=1&thread=6582&msgid=5&query=5

Swede, I'm, asking again on this page to keep the flow the thread

So this works everytime?

Hey Swede isn't it going to "COME BACK" if we don't settle with the original creditor????

[Edit by ADSOFT on Tuesday, May 13, 2003 @ 05:23 PM]

AA is a VERY hard nut to crack. I used the BBB against them - no luck.

Guy called me on my cell. Told him it was a cell, he kept talking.

Told him "Not Mine", prove it! He started asking questions. I did not respond. He said, "Call when you're ready to talk about it".

It finally dropped off.