EQ Results & I Have questions/ comments

Anonymous

Recieved results from Equifax/ CSC today, and have good news and bad.

Good News - Two California Tax Liens *DELETED* Due

to "No Response" :D

Providian *DELETED* (I disputed date of

last activity) :D

Bad News - Two Collection items I disputed as "Not

Mine" were updated as "Included In

Bankruptcy" Don't know where this came

from, as I don't know what they are and

they were not included in my

Bankruptcy :confused:

One Account was obviously reaged to

Opened AND Date of last Activity 05/02

and "Included In Bankruptcy" Actual

Date of last Activity 1996. :mad:

Four Collection Items I disputed as "Not

Mine". One or more of them ARE NOT MINE,

and OC(s) stated they were to be

removed from CRA's. Well, I call NCO

Financial this evening and spoke w/ rep.

He stated that this in fact SHOULD NOT

BE on my Credit Report as per OC from

07/09/02. He would update today.

I ask him if Equifax/ CSC had verified

this account as per my dispute, HE SAID

NO! :eek:

It is obvious that Equifax/ CSC DID NOT attempt to to verify the other collection Items above, and I have no idea about the two changed to "Included in Bankruptcy" :confused:

Your suggestions on where to go from here would be appreciated.

Robert

I hate to come across as impatient, but I would like to respnd to Equifax/ CSC tommorow.

Do I ask for deletion, because they did not investigate collection items (did not even address them in their response)? Do I give them another 30 days?

How do I approach the items they show as included in bankruptcy (which were not) that I disputed as not mine?

The reage issue shouldnt be a problem.

As always, your input is appreciated.

Robert

<blockquote>Originally posted by robert0826

Recieved results from Equifax/ CSC today, and have good news and bad.

Good News - Two California Tax Liens *DELETED* Due

to "No Response" :D

Providian *DELETED* (I disputed date of

last activity) :D

Bad News - Two Collection items I disputed as "Not

Mine" were updated as "Included In

Bankruptcy" Don't know where this came

from, as I don't know what they are and

they were not included in my

Bankruptcy :confused:

One Account was obviously reaged to

Opened AND Date of last Activity 05/02

and "Included In Bankruptcy" Actual

Date of last Activity 1996. :mad:

Four Collection Items I disputed as "Not

Mine". One or more of them ARE NOT MINE,

and OC(s) stated they were to be

removed from CRA's. Well, I call NCO

Financial this evening and spoke w/ rep.

He stated that this in fact SHOULD NOT

BE on my Credit Report as per OC from

07/09/02. He would update today.

I ask him if Equifax/ CSC had verified

this account as per my dispute, HE SAID

NO! :eek:

It is obvious that Equifax/ CSC DID NOT attempt to to verify the other collection Items above, and I have no idea about the two changed to "Included in Bankruptcy" :confused:

Your suggestions on where to go from here would be appreciated.

Robert

</blockquote>

Wow... they really screwed this one up!

OK- the way I see it-you have two avenues here:

A- You can look at this as a great opportunity to see how the legal system works and nail CSC.

A few more documents that would make your case better:

1- A letter from NCO stating that the account was to be deleted as of XXX date and that they have no record of CSC verifying the account with them.

2- A procedural request to CSC about the disputed items. They'll either ignore you or send you something that is incomplete. Another violation.

3- A copy of your report BEFORE that one item was reaged.

Gather this and then fire off an intent to sue.

Now option B-

Some people are pretty squeamish about suing. Perfectly understandable. CSC may fix the problem before being sued but it may take some prodding on your part.

If this were the mindset I had, I would probably fire off a very strongly worded procedural request asking how did they verify these items because there is NO way these are mine.

You've already contacted one of the listings on your report and they are adament that CSC never contacted them!

Had they done so, they would have figured out the item should have been deleted months ago.

Also, why did they reage this account that was due to fall off this year?

This might be all it takes to wake them up. I swear, when I lived in the CSC service region I got *nowhere* with those people.

I'm sure some of the more experienced members will chime in shortly here in case I missed anything!

HTH

[Edit by smontoya5 on Wednesday, May 14, 2003 @ 01:03 AM]

Smontoya -

I just spoke with Bank of America (OC on NCO) she is faxing a copy of letter to me that was sent to NCO in 2002. She also spoke to NCO this a.m. and they told her the same story. Also told her CBR would be updated w/in three days.

I think Equifax/ CSC does not know about all items I disputed, as they sent back my original letter, that they have date stamped "Received 04/09/03. I got the letter back from them on 4/17/03.

I called CSC & Equifax. Equifax called CSC in Baton Rouge, and got a Supervisor to call me that afternoon. She wanted me to resend info and restart their clock (I refused). She said they could get BK info on line, told her that was fine but that it didn't address the other items. Heated discussin followed, she wound up hanging up on me.

Looking at original copy of EQ report, there is no date of last activity or Date opened --- I'll just redispute that one.

Yes, I keep Great Records. I have all correspondence, Names of all people that I have Spoken too and the dates spoke to them.

Sounds like it is time that I become Master B*t**.

Wish me luck and I will keep all advised.

Smontoya-

I received the letter from BOA - Guess what it is actually letter from NCO Financial Systems, Inc to CBR's with Bank of America carbon Copied.

It is dated 7/16/2002 & shows the same CREDIT ACCOUNT NUMBER that is listed on my Equifax report. :eek:

Feeling VERY empowered now. I will keep all advised.

Robert