Debit consolidator

Anonymous

I have been working with a debit consolidator for 4 months now. They defaulted on one of my first payments to a creditor that I had on the list to be paid.I could have don't that well myself. My questions is........I am going to file for Chapter 7 and was wondering if I could include them on my list of debts? My first installment was to go directly to them before they would start paying my creditors. They stated I would get this back at the end of paying off my obligations. They let me know what a serious matter this all was and not to take my payment due date lightly. As I see, they didn't take it quite as serious as I did as they paid this one creditor 10 days later then the due date. I was told not to worry about the letter I received saying that I had defaulted on our agreement, they (debt company) would put in another porposal. And to top that off they want to be aware if I should receive any other letter about defaulted payment so that they may start a new agreement right away! I could have done that my self. My idea was to put thid into the hands of trust worthy people that said they were comitted to getting you back on the road to better credit.Of course when I file chapter 7 I will notify them I will no longer need their services but will lose the close to $600 that they were holding in "Good faith of me paying my debts in full"

Think that you would have to speak with a lawyer on this matter to see if you could take suit against this company. Defaulting on one of your creditors is serious - since the creditor will default the interest rate nullifying any agreement that may have been made. Need to research what the exact damage was. So that you can go after them for the refund as well as the difference cased in the interest & fees by the original creditor.