Equifax INQ deletions

raisingmyscore

Ok, I spoke to someone at Equifax today, we had a GREAT conversation and as 2 veterans we spent 10 minutes talking about the Army, and another 10 talking about the "ins and outs" at EQ.

Here is the deal with eq and inquiry deletions. They will delete ANY INQUIRY over the phone without question as long as you dont have an account with that company. IE.. If you have a Houshold CC, and have an inq for household auto, they wont delete the Inq.

Look at your EQ, and any inq's that dont match to an account on your EQ, call 'em up and have them zap it!

Yes he did. It came right from the top. One of those lawsuits against them must have spooked someone, and they just made a policy for Inq deletions. I told a friend, and he called as well and got someone who wouldnt do it for him, so he said "ok thanks" hung up and called back and got someone else and they zapped a bunch for him.

They take 3 days to actually remove, but it works.

This is good to hear. I disputed about ten by phone the other day and the guy was real cool. He just said to keep listing them until I was done. He gave me a confirmation number for the dispute and that was it. They have not come off yet but this is only day 2. Hopefully your statement that it takes 3 days is true and they come off this weekend or Monday.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Xanathos

Calling for inquiry removal won't give them cause for an extension on a round of disputes, will it? Cause their clock is almost up, and I don't wanna screw that up for 5 inquiries :p.

</blockquote>

Thats a good question. Wish I had an answer.

raisingmyscore, that is some great info! Super! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

<blockquote>Originally posted by Xanathos

Calling for inquiry removal won't give them cause for an extension on a round of disputes, will it? Cause their clock is almost up, and I don't wanna screw that up for 5 inquiries :p.

</blockquote>

Thats a good question. Wish I had an answer.

raisingmyscore, that is some great info! Super! Thank you for sharing it with us. :)

</blockquote>

I do not believe that one dispute has anything to do with the other. I have a dispute on some items going and a few days after initiating it I called to dispute inquiries. I was given a seperate verification number.

<blockquote>Originally posted by raisingmyscore

Equifax does not "extend" disputes like that. You can start 10 disputes on 10 consecutive days for 10 different items, and all 10 will be seperate, with their own respective 30 day end dates.

</blockquote>

I called eq today, they put my inq into disputes. I asked her first if it would extend the other investigation going on now and she said no. Just as Raising says, it is all seperate with different confirm #'s and dates.

Hmmm, that explains it then.

I disputed 7 INQ on my EX report about 2 weeks ago over the phone. The young lady just kept asking if there were any more I wanted 'looked into'. Well, a week later I get that nice letter in the mail with all 7 deleted. Added 20 points to my score.

Gotta love it!

When you call, what do you say? Is it as simple as "I didn't authorize these inquiries"? Do you think that they will protest if I try to get 4 inquiries for different auto dealers within 1 3 week period removed on the basis of "did not authorize" without questioning it? Thanks.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Miamijc

When you call, what do you say? Is it as simple as "I didn't authorize these inquiries"? Do you think that they will protest if I try to get 4 inquiries for different auto dealers within 1 3 week period removed on the basis of "did not authorize" without questioning it? Thanks.

</blockquote>

Yes, call EQ RIGHT NOW!!!! Tell them you didnt authorize the inquiries and they will ask you wich ones and the date! Easy as pie! You could have them off in no time.

WOW, you only had 4 inquiries from auto dealers, you should see mine. Ive got lots!!!!

ok well it may be slow but i'm getting there. after i read this discussion on EQ i called up. had sent a letter 2 them but now calling they guy informed me that the 3 inq i requested 2 be removed were removed! yahoooooo. doing the TGIF EQ DELETION DANCE.

:):):):):):)

Okay, so I called just now and spoke with a very nice lady on the other end. About 2 weeks ago I had sent to EQ another round of diputes which included 4 TL disputes (3 as "not mine"), disputes of hard inquiries, and request for fixing my name (they had it all messed up based on the fact that my last name has 4 words and a hyphen) and correcting goofy spelling of my employers name. The lady informed me that the inquiries are being investigated, and that in all 4 separate investigation disputes were started. She said the inquiries should update within a week or two.

So i didn't get them deleted during the call :(, but she sounded positive about the inquiries coming off. :D

Thanks for your help folks, you rock!

Do you think this would work by sending a fax? I only ask because my DH is basically a brainless person when it comes to this stuff and he wouldn't know what I was trying to tell him to do. POOR SOUL!!! Anyway if I sent in a fax I would avoid the annoyance he would feel.