Inquiry question to ponder!I think.

slstafford

Ok I have been of course studying the FCRA and I have a question for all of you and please correct me if I am wrong here.

In section 604 © 3 does it not give us the right to dispute our inquiries? Here is what it says so you don't have to look it up.

§ 604. Permissible purposes of consumer reports [15 U.S.C. § 1681b]

© Furnishing reports in connection with credit or insurance transactions that are not initiated by the consumer.

(3) Information regarding inquiries. Except as provided in section 609(a)(5) [§ 1681g], a consumer reporting agency shall not furnish to any person a record of inquiries in connection with a credit or insurance transaction that is not initiated by a consumer.

Also wouldn't this give the us the right to dipute CA hard inquiries? As far as I can tell I don't initiate credit or insurance transactions with them.

Now I am taking this as if we say we didn't apply for credit they have to find out if we did or didn't in order to leave it in the report for others to view. Right?

<blockquote>Originally posted by slstafford

(3) Information regarding inquiries. Except as provided in section 609(a)(5) [§ 1681g], a consumer reporting agency shall not furnish to any person a record of inquiries in connection with a credit or insurance transaction that is not initiated by a consumer.

Also wouldn't this give the us the right to dipute CA hard inquiries? As far as I can tell I don't initiate credit or insurance transactions with them.

I understand that they can furnish it to the CA. I was just wondering how they can allow it to be a hard on the report when I didn't initiate the contact with the CA. In the FCRA it states that collection is a permissible purpose so I know we can not fight them receiving it. I just think they shouldn't be allowed to more damage on your credit report. It is enough that they can put the tradeline on the credit report as a collection and automaticaly bring down your score by 30 points or so.

Ok I have been of course studying the FCRA and I have a question for all of you and please correct me if I am wrong here.

In section 604 © 3 does it not give us the right to dispute our inquiries? Here is what it says so you don't have to look it up.

</blockquote>

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(1) Reinvestigation required.

(A) In general. If the completeness or accuracy of any item of information contained in a consumer's file at a consumer reporting agency is disputed by the consumer and the consumer notifies the agency directly of such dispute, the agency shall reinvestigate free of charge and record the current status of the disputed information, or delete the item from the file in accordance with paragraph (5), before the end of the 30-day period beginning on the date on which the agency receives the notice of the dispute from the consumer.

You got ahead of me Swede. I was going to add that later. I wanted to see what people thought of the other one first. But since you went there how is it that Experian and Tu can say they won't investigate inquiries?

</blockquote>

Because they're comfortable breaking the law and consumers don't sue over it........