Should I go ahead and do it?

morrow

Ive been debating about applying for a Target card. I figure if they say no then it's not going to be difficult getting the inquiry off EQ (since thats who they pull from).

And also, later down the road I can upgrade to a Target Visa.

Any advice would be appreciated. :)

I am scared to apply for anything. Seems someone applied for cap1 in my name back in March, and it declined!!!!!!! Who can't get a crap1 card!!!!!!!!! LOL, my scores are up a bit more now compared to then. I have about five hospital and cable collections, and a 5.00 bounced check!!! 2 co's from 5-02. My scores are at 558 EQ 597 EXP last check with TU was 505 fico, 584 pg. EXP is from credit exp and 558 is from PG. FICO with eq is 517. I have two current cards, hhbk paid down to 10.00 w/300.00 limit, FirstPre paid to 204 (paying it off this week) w/350 limit closed out, one installment for 1200.00 w/50.00 left oweing, finger hut, no balance since 01. Think there is anything I might be able to get? Someone told me to try for Target, but again, I don't want to risk anything yet if I know I won't get it. I don't need the money at all, as I am fine paying cash for things. Just need to keep the activity moving on my cr's. I have had no late pays or bad notations since early 2002. All current accounts are paid as agreed.

Morrow,

I believe I made a suggestion on this board before. We should have a new area where we list credit cards then members submit info after they receive a card. The info would be the accepted score and what report the company pulled(if they can do a little research). That would be a great source of information. Good luck in whatever you choose.

<blockquote>Originally posted by delighted4

Morrow,

I believe I made a suggestion on this board before. We should have a new area where we list credit cards then members submit info after they receive a card. The info would be the accepted score and what report the company pulled(if they can do a little research). That would be a great source of information. Good luck in whatever you choose.

</blockquote>

Definately!

:D

I agree totally. Kristy let us have a new board, PLEASE. One just for OC's and info pertaining to our CC applications sucess and denials. Who pulls from which bureau and scores needed to get accepted. etc...

DUDE JUST GOT APPROVED!!!! It was almost instant! I did it online, filled out the app. hit enter and on the next screen it said congrats, YOU'VE BEEN APPROVED!! Now it only has a $200 limit, but I dont think you understand how long its been since Ive been approved for a CC.

Think I might cry!

Heh I have a 647 Equifax and I BET you that I would get denied for the Target card. :) I have some where in the area of 18

hard inquiries. I am not applying for another credit card until I have less than 5 inquiries on all 3 credit reports....

What do you think?

Well, I thought for SURE I was going to get denied!

But seeing how Target only pulls from EQ, and its a piece of cake getting the inquiries off I figured why not?

The worst thats gunna happen is that I will have 1 more inquiry to get off, no problem.

Seriously dude, I've got collections and a charge-off and it worked for me, and I found out instantly!

Suck it up and do it!!!!

<blockquote>Originally posted by sisflomi

Do you have a bk Morrow? And again, are scores from PG? OR Myfico?

</blockquote>

No BK...and my scores are just what I recieved from pulling them myself from all three CRAs. :D

Just do it credit, I did. Of course, I got the we need more info, so I am sure its a turn down. But its a start. I am using bf's reports to be my test for things!!!!!!!!! We have a lot of the same things on our reports and pretty close numbers. He just filed bk though, so he is going to end up with a better chance than me. Though, he filed bk on pretty much all the bad credit cards out there. Cept for First P, and we all know what thats gonna cost us!!!!!!!!! And it says you need to be 6 months out of bk to try for the card!!!!!!!!! I am gonna try and add him to my hhcard. I also did check mine with hh, as they will do a soft inq and tell you what you can get before you actually apply. Said I would be able to get the HHBank Gold I think it was. I declined though, as I have a co with orchard and didnt want to take a chance with them getting me a new card and appling old balance to it!!!!!!!!! Can't understand why hhbk gives people new cards when they have defaults that are still not paid with them already. Anyone else have co's with hhbk and get new credit with them?

<blockquote>Originally posted by creditmess

baaahhh dammit!It's all your faul morrow!! :p</blockquote>

Im sorry

:( as a consolation to your loss due to my pressuring, I volunteer to make the phone call to EQ and get the inq off for you okay! :)

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

DUDE JUST GOT APPROVED!!!! It was almost instant! I did it online, filled out the app. hit enter and on the next screen it said congrats, YOU'VE BEEN APPROVED!! Now it only has a $200 limit, but I dont think you understand how long its been since Ive been approved for a CC.

Think I might cry!

</blockquote>

Woohoo!!!!!!!!! At least your limit is higher than mine! (My limit's 100 bucks)