Need help NOW!

Anonymous

Hey all,

I was cleaning up (CBBR) Credit Bureau of Baton Rouge (affiliate of Equifax), they sent original dispute letter back to me , yadda, yadda, yadda.....

Called to ? them about sending letter back, said get get my Bankrupycy info online and update (no problem).

Asked them about add'l items disputed they sd ok, but would restart 30 day time period.

On 05/09/03, they completed investigation, 2 items I disputed as "having no knowledge of" they reported as included in Bankruptcy. They were not.

On 5/17/03, I finally received call from Supv at CBBR

and told her story, didn't recognize, They show included in BK, etc.....

Faxed her 30 day letter to remove as per FCRA.

My question is how long do they have to respond to this letter/re-investigation?

All help is appreciated.

Robert

P.S. - This is posted here as well as Debt Validation. Sorry for the double post, but I am

:boggle:

Hi Robert.

I've spent some time reading the FCRA: Bought a credit repair book and 3 color highlighter. Made it a lot easier to read.

If you go through FCRA: SECTION #11 on board, I interpeted it this way.

You have 30 days from an original dispute. Since they already finished a 30 day investation. My guess would it as if it were another dispute.

YOUR ANSWER: 30DAYS , if you are redisputing another dispute.

.... do not call her back and give her any more info. because it will extend it another 15 days.

BELOW IS PROCEDURAL INVESTIGATION.

§ 611. Procedure in case of disputed accuracy [15 U.S.C. § 1681i]

(a) Reinvestigations of disputed information.

(6) Notice of results of reinvestigation.

(A) In general. A consumer reporting agency shall provide written notice to a consumer of the results of a reinvestigation under this subsection not later than 5 business days after the completion of the reinvestigation, by mail or, if authorized by the consumer for that purpose, by other means available to the agency.

(B) Contents. As part of, or in addition to, the notice under subparagraph (A), a consumer reporting agency shall provide to a consumer in writing before the expiration of the 5-day period referred to in subparagraph (A)

(i) a statement that the reinvestigation is completed;

(ii) a consumer report that is based upon the consumer's file as that file is revised as a result of the reinvestigation;

... by ADSOFT: procedural investigation.

(iii) a notice that, if requested by the consumer, a description of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information shall be provided to the consumer by the agency, including the business name and address of any furnisher of information contacted in connection with such information and the telephone number of such furnisher, if reasonably available;

(iv) a notice that the consumer has the right to add a statement to the consumer's file disputing the accuracy or completeness of the information; and

(v) a notice that the consumer has the right to request under subsection (d) that the consumer reporting agency furnish notifications under that subsection.

see above: just below my name

I would look in the area that talks about the PI "procedural investigation".

I would go buy a Credit repair book and read the FCRA in your liesure.

ADSOFT

Hey Robert thanks for all the help on the CHEXSYTEMS

[Edit by ADSOFT on Saturday, May 17, 2003 @ 05:23 PM]

Hey AD-

No problem on Chex - I am just PISSED as I can possibly be in this situation. I sent dispute letter, CBR sent ORIGINAL letter back.

I called, heated discussion, they were to check on-line for BK accts, Supervisor hung up on me.

After I received revised report, took 2 days to get return call from Supervisor.

Said never received VML. HaHa.

Now they are showing Items in dispute that they were showing as "Included In Bankruptcy" They were NEVER included in Bankruptcy, nor were they verified by Credit Bureau of Baton Rouge.

They checked "Pacer" online. Even with that, they were not included.

Sorry for the rambling, just very irritated.

Robert

<blockquote>Originally posted by robert0826

Hey AD-

No problem on Chex - I am just PISSED as I can possibly be in this situation. I sent dispute letter, CBR sent ORIGINAL letter back.

I called, heated discussion, they were to check on-line for BK accts, Supervisor hung up on me.

After I received revised report, took 2 days to get return call from Supervisor.

Said never received VML. HaHa.

Now they are showing Items in dispute that they were showing as "Included In Bankruptcy" They were NEVER included in Bankruptcy, nor were they verified by Credit Bureau of Baton Rouge.

They checked "Pacer" online. Even with that, they were not included.

Sorry for the rambling, just very irritated.

Robert

</blockquote>

I hear you Robert,

Go get a credit repair book and some highlighters, read the section that talks about how the FTC Penalizes them.

It looks to me that the only way is to get these AHOLES on procedures, violations.

Request a PI after next 30 days(check with other more senior members) then you have a record they don't know what they are doing.

They have to give you numbers of people who put on you CR REPT.

Keep disputing, show they are not following FTC then take them to court, the more they blow it the more you got them.

You could probobly report this Supervisor for not informing you of your right to PI, you might still be able to ask for on and not extend 15 days, check with other members, I'm not sure.

Don't volenteer any info. They have to maintain proper records otherwise its a violation on FTC, read book.

Hope this helps.

ADSOFT

AD -

I have all original letters, even theirs (the one thay sent back showing date received, etc...)

I also have noted everyone that I have spoken too. Name, date, time, etc....

God, I hate em.

Senior members............ Time to chime.

Robert

[Edit by robert0826 on Saturday, May 17, 2003 @ 08:02 PM]

ROBERT

I'M not a senior member, but If you have all you're paper work, that proves you are ok then. Just start mounting the violation on the CRA. Then report them to the FTC.

...BTW who is blowing it the CRA or OC or CA or all of them?

<blockquote>Originally posted by robert0826

Ad-

Funny that you should mention FTC. Not only did I Send complaint to FTC more than 30 days ago (No Response), I sent one earlier tonight as well.

My complaint is with Credit Bureau.

Robert

</blockquote>

Can you get a validation from the FTC?, I figure if they validate it then it's $$$$ in you pocket.

Who validates a flaggrant violation?

The 15 days come when the cra needs more time to verify your original 30 day dispute. They are supposed to notify you that it will take the additional 15 days. Another 15 days I have seen is when your asking for Procedural Investigation. (Don't know how long the have to really get it to you) If you sent the first letter asking for them to investigate, that is all I would allow them, plus the 5 mailing days. Go through and find the PI information and send them that. EQ told me that they don't add days onto any of their investigations, they just start a new one for you with a different number to use. If you requested a new investigation it would be 30 days from the day you asked for it. If they didnt investigate the first time, there is a letter around for that too.

[Edit by sisflomi on Monday, May 19, 2003 @ 07:00 PM]

Sis -

My response to them via phone and fax was to point out their errors.

I did ask for them to delete the items as they had not attempted verification in the first place.

Guess I will look for info on "Procedural Investigation"!

Thanks for your help, even though I am still confused on timeline.

Robert

Cookie -

Thanks for the response.

I have pretty much done as you suggested. Quoted FCRA, Section 611 (a)(1)(A).

Contacted FTC in April when they returned original letter. Contacted FTC again 05/16/03 (got response from the today, via e-mail..... They are sending me their instructions on how to dispute. Ha Ha Ha ... at least I have a file # with them now).

The only thing I haven't done is threaten suit. From your response, this be your suggestion as the next step?

Thx,

Robert

Dont be confused over the timeline. You send first dispute, the CRA has 30 days (+5 mailing days) to verify the times. If the creditor or yourself contacts them during the initial 30 days, the CRA has the right to request an additional 15 days to investigate. If they did not respond in anyway to the items in your first 30 days, you can send them the letter as stated above. Do you have proof that you requested them to investigate the items and proof that the 30 days are up? Here are some links for you to use co/credit report rights.com:

Procedural

http://www.creditreportrights.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=987

30 Days are up letter

http://www.creditreportrights.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=143

Sis -

RE: Link 1, as per my heated discussion w/ CBr (after receiving original dispute back from them), they would use onlie information.

I asked if it was Pacer, she did not deny.

Disputed items *were not* listed on Bankruptcy.

RE: Link 2, Have already done this letter. Again, they are now showing items as being disputed.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Robert

Sis -

Well, I fired off three page letter today to Attorney General along with 13 pages of documentation. Hope this gets me somewhere.

As far as Intent To Sue goes, I am newly relocated to Louisiana, I checked online for the Small Claims process here and it makes me kind of squeamish. After Defendant is served, they have 10 days to answer, BUT they may also request that the case be bound over for Civil Trial. Yes, just by requesting it!

Being that the Credit Bureau is a Corporation, and have Attorneys in-house, I have no doubt that they would request a Civil Trial knowing that I the Plaintiff can not afford an Attorney

Therefore, they win.

So, ? Thinking I should wait on Attorney General or FTC response (FTC acknowledged today that they have my two complaints!)

OK everyone, your thoughts please.

Robert

I would put this question in "Is there a lawyer in the house" section. Though, I have read that most creditor's and cra's fold and settle before it goes to court. You could maybe modify a letter to them, (might wait and see what ftc and ag say) saying if this is not taken care of, I will be forced to sue. I have seen a similar letter someplace, just can't recall where. I read so many boards now, can't keep up with any but this one!!!!!!!