Fed/State Tax questions..........................

sjones

Well I finally decided to address the last bit of my past problems

head on. Got a cpa and filed my back taxes from 98-00

It looks like its going to be a steep penalty + the back taxes.

Any one have any advice on how to address this?

Any good sites with forums? My cpa mentioned an

offer in compromise but i dunno.

Hi, my bf just got a levy against his wages for over $26,000 from IRS. He immediately went to the local IRS office and spoke with a IRS agent. They were surprising nice and helpful! He had to fill out a bunch of paperwork, worked out a payment plan, (they even dropped the interest & penalties) they lifted the wage garnishment and he feels really good about what he accomplished (after being afraid :( ) If they can't(or won't) help you at the your local office, we now have special IRS Advocates that you can use. It's not like it use to be, but you do need to be proactive. :)

I too have had my share of problems w/ IRS. Self Employment Taxes from early 90's.

I avoided these problems FOREVVVVVVVVERRRRRRRRR.

Finally, last year, I tried Offer In Compromise, NO LUCK! I am no longer Self Employed, but part of several Partnerships/ LLC's.

Got 10 day notice of Levy from IRS, Filed Chptr 7 BK, discharging majority of past tax liabilities.

Now, am paying IRS $110 per month for remainder. Approx 6k.

Call them, they are not as bad as you think if you talk to them in person or via telephone.

Robert