Late Pays on Current Accts.Help!

Anonymous

How do I get late pays of accts that are currently open, such as car,student loans, etc.. I don't want them closed, can't close them, but the late pays are "true" and dragging me down! Also, how do I get late pays off of already settled or closed accts too!? Is it even possible once the company is done with you?

Thanks for all your help! :confused:

You can try a goodwill letter for the open accounts.

As for the closed accounts, you can try disputing the information. Are they helping you otherwise? If so, you may want to try and avoid deletion.

Good luck!

Try www.planetfeedback for goodwill letters with the creditors - should not matter paid or still open to see if they will help you out.

Usually write a letter explaining that you are sorry for the lates; may give reason for why accounts had become late (like medical reasons; loss of work...) and point out that since then you have been paying as agreed. Or that you have completed you terms with them.

If it don't work the 1st time around try a different address in; or call customer service.

Also there is a option on open accounts to ask creditor if they will re-age the account. This will also wipe the slate clean for you to start again. Not all creditors will do this though - still worth a try.

How would re-aging an open account start you fresh. For example...my Discover was 30 days late back in November of 2001. It is showing now that the account has been 30 days late. Discover are bastards. But, I have been current for almost a year and a half with no negative. How can I re-age this?