Which of the CRAs carries the most weight?

breathing_easier

I remember when back in the "olden days" TRW (now Experian) was the Grand Poohbah of the CRAs. Is that still the case and do you think that the majority of mortgage lenders, credit card companies, etc. lend more weight to one CRA over another?

[Edit by breathing_easier on Monday, May 19, 2003 @ 03:37 PM]

Sometimes, it may depend on where you live.

In San Antonio Texas, Trans Union had a major presence because they had the San Antonio Retail Merchant Association (SARMA) as an affiliate (somewhat the way CSC is for Equifax but in a smaller scale). As a result, it is like every outfit in town used Trans Union. SARMA is no longer an affiliate of TU but TU’s roots still reach in very deep. Just about any credit check for an outfit that is local will almost always be TU. That is why my credit inquires are always top heavy with TU and I am thankful any time that a national company checks my credit because there is a good chance that the inquiry may be by EX and EQ.

The TRUTH! You can’t handle the TRUTH!!! -Jack Nicholson after the Spurs corn holed the Lakers…

Go Spurs Go…