HAWK ALERT?

Anonymous

Reading through my TU, I come to find the "special messages section".

And I have these two "****HAWK ALERT"'s on my file. What are these?

One says, "file previous address reported as suspicious" and the other says, "file address, ssn, or telephone number reported by more than one source".

Good grief...so much weird, disturbing and irritating junk these reports are. Must be nice to have a business that makes a FORTUNE on inaccuracies and being jerks!

LOL :eek: oh no, da man is gonna get a junky jalopy and a sloppy 'n slow computer...i lead a boring life...they'd be bored to death. :)

Just find them to be more than a bit weird...and want them off my record immediately because I assume them listing something like that cannot be seen as a positive.

These credit system/companies are the BIGGEST crock of crap...they get to control our financial lives with a stupid numbering system with a horrible accuracy and customer service rate. Who gets to stay in business? These guys? Who was the genius who made this possible? :mad:

[Edit by SeasilverLiquid on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 @ 06:17 PM]

I dunno. in my opinion geting credit should be based on your tradeline background-paying as agreed and your

personality. if your not some pscho trying to get into millions of dollars in debt then you should be able to get credit. the

hole inquiries hurting credit is a crock in my opionion. I mean think about it if you cant apply for credit b/c it hurts your credit

then how are you suppose to obtain any? Its a double edged sword!! :eek:

<blockquote>Originally posted by fixmycredit

Hawk-Alert means input ssn not isssued by social security

administration. In other words they think you have a bogus

social.

</blockquote>

:mad: whoa...talk about bogus! This system sucks and I need to know how to get that removed. File a dispute? Does something like that happen? Call them? What is next now that I "know" this is on my report? :confused:

Thanks.

===========================================================

And I have these two "****HAWK ALERT"'s on my file. What are these?

One says, "file previous address reported as suspicious" and the other says, "file address, ssn, or telephone number reported by more than one source".

===========================================================

The "file address, ssn, or telephone number reported by more than one source" alert may mean "some" of your reported data matches other peoples credit files. I had the same alert on my TransUnion report, so I asked TransUnion to delete my telephone number and the alert dropped off. Just call TransUnion and tell them that the telephone number on your report is incorrect, then ask them to remove it. If they ask for the new number, tell them it is unlisted and you don't wish to supply it.

The "file previous address reported as suspicious" alert appeared on my report when TransUnion was not able to lookup and classify one of my reported addresses as single family home, apartment, or post office box, etc. I had TransUnion delete all previous addresses except my current address and one previous -- The alert has now dropped off my report. Call TransUnion and request that they delete the "inaccurate" addresses. You will need to be specific about which addresses you would like deleted.

I don't know if my suggestions will fix your alerts, but it took care of mine. All three major CRA's are very good about correcting personal info right on the spot.

[Edit by cd on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 @ 08:49 PM]

<blockquote>Call TransUnion and request that they delete the "inaccurate" addresses -- You will need to be specific.

I don't know if my suggestions will fix your alerts, but it took care of mine. All three major CRA's are very good about correcting personal info right on the spot.

</blockquote>

Right on CD...gives me ammunition to work with. Thanks.

It could be the SSN, but it could just as well be the telephone number and addresses. It even states that in the alert.

I have credit reports from before and after that prove my point -- I would never post without being able to back up my words with ironclad empirical evidence or facts from the source.

Found this in search on google

Messages Highlights specific credit file conditions that may include:* Mismatched information as indicatedby TRANS ALERT®or HAWK®.* Presence of consumer statement.* No subject found. A TRANS-ALERT message appears when the input address, SSN or surname does not match what is on file; or when a minimum of four inquiries have been made against the file within the last 60 days. HAWK messages (optional) appear if ad-dress, SSN or phone number have been used in suspected fraudulent activity; or if the information is inappropriate on an application, such as a commercial or institutional address; or if the SSN has not been issued by the Social Security Administration or is that of a deceased person as reported bythe Social Security Administration. For more information about HAWK, request a HAWK product brochure and/or a HAWK messageguide from your sales representative.

[Edit by kenrb01 on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 @ 08:39 PM]

Computer locked up on last post. Had to restart. here is the link to info that showed Hawk Alert message explanation.

http://home.corporatescreening.com/Www2002NewsPoster%5Cnewsposter%5Cuploads%5Cattachments%5CCR%20Training%20Intranet.pdf

the page shows all codes for TU report.

[Edit by kenrb01 on Wednesday, May 21, 2003 @ 08:46 PM]

I posted earlier today that I really used to hate the internet. Lately I have been able to find anything. Google is the best. The case law searches make me crazy, can't ever find that stuff. But this was easy. Go to google and type in "transunion credit reoprt codes".