Positive TL re-inserted

Niner849

Yep, you read the subject correctly. I had a positive TL re-inserted back onto my EXP credit report. :boggle: Funny thing is, I've been getting a letter from a CA for the excat same account. The account is for Ballys, and I've never even been there. Weird huh???? Should I just leave it on my CR?? Supposed to be there until 2013. I had it deleted last year when I began my journey, because the account was opened in 1994. Hmmm, got a negative TL turned into a paid as agreed (don't have any idea how that happened), and now this.

Andi

EXP-563 as of 5/22/03

Ballys is owner of US Swim and Fitness. I had a lifetime membership which only cost me $65 a year since 1987. I decided to terminate. Ballys put 1 entry on my Experian report. Paid as agreed. That is the first time in 15 years they put something on my report. But it is a positive trade line with a 15 year history. Don't know how it effected score.

[Edit by timbercreektech on Friday, May 23, 2003 @ 04:53 AM]

I have something from Ballys, too. Says that it was opened last year. I haven't signed up for any fitness center and if I would have, it wouldn't be Ballys.

I've disputed it, and waiting to see if they verify. They will have a heck of time validating something like that, since I've never been there. The closest one around me is on the other side of town.

<blockquote>Originally posted by DocDon

Well, if it shows paid as agreed / closed, why not use it to your advantage? Nice job.

</blockquote>

I think I'm going to leave it on my CR. I mean it's a positive TL, which at this point is good. Just kind of strikes me as odd considering A$$et Acceptence keeps sending me collection letters. If it was a negative TL, then I would complain, but I just thought it was kinda intereting.

Andi