Would this make sense?

skyhighcredit

A paid off collection is showing Date of Last Activity as 07/98 I actually paid it in 2001 would that not be DOLA and give me reason to dispute and chance that CA does not restart my clock..or can they do that? CA already got there money I would not see this as a likely fued for them to get involved in....So my question is should I dispute with CRA's about DOLA on CA paid off? My reason is that when i tried to dispute as not mine they keep on verifying...what to do what to do?

<blockquote>Originally posted by skyhighcredit

A paid off collection is showing Date of Last Activity as 07/98 I actually paid it in 2001 would that not be DOLA and give me reason to dispute and chance that CA does not restart my clock..or can they do that? CA already got there money I would not see this as a likely fued for them to get involved in....So my question is should I dispute with CRA's about DOLA on CA paid off? My reason is that when i tried to dispute as not mine they keep on verifying...what to do what to do?

</blockquote>

The first time you dispute you always say not mine. As a matter of fact if you are about to do you first round, you want to say "not mine" to all negitive accounts, ... I always followed that with, I haven't looked at my report in years and I'm cleaning it up, I don't know any of these guys, I always pay my bills on time. ... They can't say anything after that!!!!!

The second round you start disputing dates ,amounts, etc.

You want to make sure you have at least 5 chances to dispute a TL, before you go to validation.

Don't call any of the creditors until you dispute 2 rounds. You risk validating the debt, then you are going to have a harder time removing it.!!!

Hope that helps

Say "not mine" to everything 1 30days, don't talk to any creditors is the way to go.

<blockquote>Originally posted by skyhighcredit

</blockquote>

The whole laws of Credit is f*cked, there are so many interpretations and so much bulls**t written it makes no sense sometimes..

see this letter, last paragraph

http://www.ftc.gov/os/statutes/fcra/johnson.htm

This opinion letter from the FTC states that the 7 year clock starts at time of default. As long as you "stay behind" in payments from the default(regardless of any payments made in the future)the 7 starts after default.

Its rather comical that a bunch of educated knuckleheads cant come up with something so easy to intepret...

quess thats the United States for ya... if ya look hard enough you can find something wrong with any law

the credit report probably gives a couple of names and address for you....william, bill you know what I mean... Dispute your name, Dispute old addresses, Then after that dispute negative items as not mine...If you get you name and address corrected first you will have more drop off on the inital dispute of not mine...

Now they will come back to you and some will drop off and others will say validated...

THen you start disputing on dates and times and amounts and addresses... then you look for technicalities....Do this for many months.. Long holidays are great like Christmas and new years. then go with the 30 days. Look for technicalities like they did not list an item as disputed.

Then go after the creditors... because as soon as you go after the creditors they are going to come after you... You go for validation and they go for judgement....

I have had about 18 items deleted and 5 judgements and I have yet to go after the CA..

<blockquote>Originally posted by blueranger

the credit report probably gives a couple of names and address for you....william, bill you know what I mean... Dispute your name, Dispute old addresses, Then after that dispute negative items as not mine...If you get you name and address corrected first you will have more drop off on the inital dispute of not mine...

Now they will come back to you and some will drop off and others will say validated...

THen you start disputing on dates and times and amounts and addresses... then you look for technicalities....Do this for many months.. Long holidays are great like Christmas and new years. then go with the 30 days. Look for technicalities like they did not list an item as disputed.

Then go after the creditors... because as soon as you go after the creditors they are going to come after you... You go for validation and they go for judgement....

I have had about 18 items deleted and 5 judgements and I have yet to go after the CA..

</blockquote>

Wow, how did you get the judgements deleted , just keep changing name, and address????????

I started by disputing everything as not mine

I was a real rookie and did not know how they

would have different names for you...

So I got those off one the first round because they could not be validated by CRA....but I had

a lot of CA's validate because I did not correct the bad addresses and bad names first... here is an example..

William M freeman

w morgan freeman

william morgan freeman

morgan freeman

morgan m freeman

So who am I...Over the years this was not done on purpose....but it comes out in my favor I send them a copy of my drivers licence and a few other documents and agrue I am

william m freeman

when those other names go away I will have a great shot at getting some CA removed because of the name....

There were also some old address problems..typos on the CRA's part... If you get rid of that address then theres is a great reason to remove a doctor bill next month..

So start with your address and your names and your old addresses... then dispute everything as not mine....take it slow and don't be in a hurry... If you have 20 bad items and you dispute one of them then the 10 dollar an hour person may delete it for you but if you dispute all 10 at once then this guy is not going to help you... just be real patient and slow and methodical...get a note book get your reports and send out one a month...don't be in a hurry and you will do so much better than me.. I had a zero score and I am up to 615 but I could have done better if I would have been slow and patient..

Thanks

I've been trying to get this judgement off my report, I knew there was a way but wasn't sure.

I think I'm going to have to have a copy of the JUDGEMENT to make sure I change the right stuff.

It sounds like judgements are easier than trade lines.

I've take the same approach as you have, just keep disputing, haven't had to send one letter.

I'm reading validation right now but, I looks like I might not need it, I still want to know it though.

Hey, Thank You very Much that was very helpful.

ADSOFT

Your very best bet is to dispute name,address

jobs, and so on first.

then dispute one item...and fight for that one item...then go after another item next month or month after next...but you do this with all three CRA's... They will give in on one after all theres 12 there so they will delete one.

be real kind.. say something like I was checking my credit report and this xxxxxxxx

is not mine.. please help me...then say something like have a nice day or thank you.. be real kind...get nasty about 12 months from now.

Be carefull I have only two collection agencies on my report.. both have 4 items each. They are hospital bills..one is for 2200 dollars.. the others are smallers.. these things have been siting on there for years.

If i ruffle the feathers of the ca's to much

then they will for sure go for judgements..

so I will keep disputing and going after technicalities or just finish out the 7 years.

Since Feburary... I had 0 points.. I started disputing and I got a secured credit card and

then I went to one to the Truecredit site.. and paid for a report... once they had my money they gave me a score... and it was a lot better than I thought.. If your on their site and your paying them for it..they are a bit kinder...so I had an absolute zero score...

and I jumped up to 615...

Since Feburary... I had 0 points.. I started disputing and I got a secured credit card and

then I went to one to the Truecredit site.. and paid for a report... once they had my money they gave me a score... and it was a lot better than I thought.. If your on their site and your paying them for it..they are a bit kinder...so I had an absolute zero score...

and I jumped up to 615...

</blockquote>

Have you tried getting a credit card: non secured??????

I just applied for a target one but I don't

think I will get it...and I am trying to get a mortage now and I am not having much success.

my plan now is to keep disputing.. and trying technicalities...After that I have 2 that are out past the statute of limitations But I will have to contact the Ca for that and then thats when it starts getting nasty...I feel as though I have had so much progress...

I might go with one of the paid services after this such as lexington law or credit attorney before I go to the ca's I feel you should try everything before court and ca's

I just applied for a target one but I don't

think I will get it...and I am trying to get a mortage now and I am not having much success.

my plan now is to keep disputing.. and trying technicalities...After that I have 2 that are out past the statute of limitations But I will have to contact the Ca for that and then thats when it starts getting nasty...I feel as though I have had so much progress...

I might go with one of the paid services after this such as lexington law or credit attorney before I go to the ca's I feel you should try everything before court and ca's

</blockquote>

Well, there is always CAPITOL-ONE kind of on the high maintence side but they told me they will raise my limit after 3 payments???