PEOPLE FIRST

lucyricardo

I'm new to the boards and have a question. We are thinking about using People First for a new auto loan. My scores are:

TU: 601

Experian: 651

Equifax: 697

Though they look good on paper, I don't have a lot of new credit. One Wells Fargo secured card which is under a year old and Never Late and then a Ford Credit from a car in 1994 which was $24,000 and says, "Paid, Never Late."

My question is, what is the average loan amount that People First gives you? We called last week and they said they use Experian & Equifax, which is good news as the two higher scores are with those to CRA's. I would also like to hear from people who have gotten financing through them and what experience you had and why that is a better way to go than the usual dealers. Unfortunately, due to a recent scheister-scam at Mercedes-Benz, we're very leary about getting financing thru a dealer now.

Any info would be greatly appreciated~ Thank you so much!

I actually went through Lending Tree and accepted the offer from People First who cut me the blank check. My financing is actually set up through Cap1 Auto.

I've found that going through LT gave me an immediate option of who to go with since they gave me the total loan amount they would consider and the interest rate up front from multiple lenders who’s criteria I met.

My highest score was 727 TU, and it went down from there with EX being my lowest at 685.

[Edit by DocDon on Saturday, May 24, 2003 @ 01:00 PM]

my scores are all in the low six hundreds! Got approved for a check from 7500 to 35,900! I have only two good accounts the oldest only 10 months old! A bankruptcy 3 years ago! I pick up my car next Sat! NO MONEY DOWN! NOT ON CENT!!!!!! :upsidown:

<blockquote>Originally posted by ralph768

my scores are all in the low six hundreds! Got approved for a check from 7500 to 35,900! I have only two good accounts the oldest only 10 months old! A bankruptcy 3 years ago! I pick up my car next Sat! NO MONEY DOWN! NOT ON CENT!!!!!! :upsidown:

</blockquote>

I have a question for you. Did you apply online or did you start the application then had to speak with someone? I was just wondering.....Liz

Peoplefirst will check all three reports, meaning you'll get a hard on each one, IN ADDITION to any other subprime lenders they assign it to. I ended up with 2 hards on each report, one from People first and one from Cap 1.