Un"Settling"

monkeymama

If I had only known about this site last year. I had a judgement filled against me April 2002 by Capital One for $1100.00. They froze my checking account and took half of the money in it. I agreed to settle for the balance due them at approximately $200.00 less than the total. I thought I was smart at the time by telling them I would only settle the balance due if they worded their settlement document as, "Settlement in full". My 3-in-1 credit report now reads; "Account legally paid in full for lass(their typo) than the full balance. Charged off as bad debtSettlement-less than full balance. Settlement accepted on this account loss by credit grantor." The judgement from Cap One on my credit reports reflects a full payment. Their notations are not what I thought I agreed to.

Do I have any recourse? Any way to get any of this mess to dissappear?

EQ-598

EX-603

TU-612

Thanks!

Where are you in your dispute phase with the CRA? You can try that to see if they will just delete since it's paid. Maybe they have been lax in their record keeping and won't verify. I wouldn't worry about trying to change the wording on it until I tried getting it deleted first. If you send the letter in with what it SHOULD say, then you are verifying that this is yours with the CRA and won't be able to say "not mine" later. Just a thought...

I got a letter from an OC today, basically verifying the debt (a copy of my signature).....BUT 2 days ago, they sent a letter stating they have nowhere in thier database, and at the bottom it says in pure English......they in no way report negative info to the CRAs............then why are they asking for a settlement of 2700 by 5-31?....Time to reach my hand up my butt, and see what I can pull out:D