USA FUNDS

lisak72

I have an old paid off SL that was through USA Funds. There are six entries all c/o for different amounts. It's really confusing to me anyhow since I only had 2 loans for 9 months of school total. I'm sure these are duplicate entries, but how do you dispute as duplicates, when the amounts are different? And should I just start with disputing all 6 as not mine? The account numbers are 1-6 plus the ss#, but the dates are all the same. They probably just stuck a new account number on each time it defaulted and updated the amount, but I really can't tell. Any suggestions on this????

It's gonna drop off next year, but would love to get these off now. I have about 12 negs on each report and SIX of them are these!

I would dispiute all of them as not mine, and any other derogitories all at once. But thats just what I did. I see some people have better luck doing 3-6 at a time, opposed to me doing 18 and 9 within 6 days...

[Edit by Bankruptmaster on Sunday, May 25, 2003 @ 05:14 PM]

It can't hurt to dispute them as "not mine", most that can happen is they come back verified. If they do, then you know to start disputing other things, like dates, and account numbers. IMO you have a better chance of getting deletes when you dispute more items at once. I did every neg on bf's cr at one, about 25 things or so, he had a total of 30 something good and bad on TU. He now had 5 good and 5 bad tl's left on TU. Maybe there were so many things they just could not keep up with them and had to just delete some as they went along. Just my thought process, which I am told is pretty absurd at times, so I could be way off base with it. But, my cr I did 3 things at a time, they were joint w/bf, mine all came back verified the same ones that his deleted!!!!!!!

I don't know...since these are the only things I have left to dispute, I'm wondering if it's not best to take 2/6 and dispute duplicates...no knowledge of this account number and hope they will delete two since there are four others on there...then try again with 2 more...etc. I think I'll just keep rotating the two with different TL disputes...

These will fall off next Feb, but trying to clean up as much as I can now. Thanks for the advice...!!!

Hi Adsoft! I think USA Funds was an OC. There are six entries for them from the time of my SL originally went delinquent. These were eventually sent to US Dept of Ed where it was paid in full. The confusing part is they say on the report that it's a paid collection, so I guess this would be an OC notation that it was sent to CA (US Dept of Ed) and collected in full there? The USA Funds are all listed as I5 and the US Dept of Ed (the CA) is listed as I1!!!

BTW, I'm hesitant to dispute as not mine since the ss#, address, etc is correct and I KNOW they will verify those. So I'm heading straight towards trying to show duplicates or amounts or something. Some do have same amounts, so I'm thinking of trying to get these deleted as duplicate entries with different acct numbers...get it down to a couple of entries (versus 6) and then try those as not mine. What do you think?

<blockquote>Originally posted by lisak72

Hi Adsoft! I think USA Funds was an OC. There are six entries for them from the time of my SL originally went delinquent. These were eventually sent to US Dept of Ed where it was paid in full. The confusing part is they say on the report that it's a paid collection, so I guess this would be an OC notation that it was sent to CA (US Dept of Ed) and collected in full there? The USA Funds are all listed as I5 and the US Dept of Ed (the CA) is listed as I1!!!

</blockquote>

Sounds like the same problem I had with a collection company. There where 2 entries for the same bill, same CA, same amount, different date, different account number. Called CRA aske what was going on here, He said oh this things happen sometimes, he deleted one the spot. I checked PG later that day and 1 was gone.

I think what is happening is that CA/OC only report when you are late, if you are late several times sometimes they show up multiple times????????

But I'm not sure, if this sounds like the problem call the CRA'S on the horn, they should delete them on the spot.

Hope that helps.