Just Venting

doublebuchi

Oh, what a tangled web we weave.

This is just and example of what the CRA's have done to us poor, hard working, fools.

4 years ago, I was in a nasty auto accident. I had several surgeries and missed almost 5 months of work. I collected short term disability while out, but it was not enough to pay all bills. I prioritized. Rent, Utilities, Food, Car, then credit cards. In the meantime, the medical bills started pouring in. I had insurance, but needed to pay 20%. Once back to work, I started to pay everything and make arrangements to pay others. I worked my a** off for the last 4 years and made good on just about all debts. I'm still paying on these old debts. Making settlements with some making payments with others. My credit scores are a mess due to these collections and charge-offs, even though they are mostly payed. (I still owe about $1100) I can't buy a house now because of this, even though I make $60,000/year.

A co-worker was just telling me his credit story. He and his wife just ran up all their credit cards. They couldn't pay so they filed bankruptcy. They made no attempt to pay these old bills. In fact, he bragged about how when they knew they were going for bankruptcy, they charged everything to max out all their cards. this was 2 years ago and last week they closed on a house.

What the f***!!! Is this how we get rewarded by trying to pay our obligations?

No need to answer. I know this is the norm when it comes to CRA's and financing. It's just a bunch of Bull!!!!

I know how you feel! That's why most of us are here. Trying to find ways to overcome bad times, and I too am one who doesn't like to shirk my responsibilities. That's where this can be so satisfying. To be able to get a satisfactory outcome after a run of bad luck. Have you tried negotiating with the CAs for removal of their TL now that you are nearing pay off? Maybe you can find a soul in one of them who will cut you a break after what you've gone through! Good luck and feel better knowing you are surrounded by people here who have had similar situations ;)

I agree with lisak72,

You are in the right place to not only vent but do something about it :)

What have you done so far :confused: DV, C&D? If you want that house we have a little work to do to get you through your own door :)

So let's get to it...we are here when you're ready to start. We are here when you're ready to vent again...take care of yourself ;)

What I,ve done so far......

I started with disputes with the CRA's. Some off, others verified.I've paid some of the collections. Again some off, others remain. I paid one charge off CC. It is still listed on the CRA's as bad debt, and still listed with the CA as bad debt. I disputed the other CC charge-off as not mine. EQ and EX now shows paid, but charged off, TU still shows balance owed. I still have all the letters I received from the CA's promising to settle and copies of the money orders and checks that were sent. Also I have a letter from 2 of the doctors offices asking the CA to remove the negative listing. They still have not. Also, I have 5 CC's in good standing, all "paid as agreed with no lates for last 3 years, and 3 Auto loans listed as paid as agreed with 1 or 2 over 30 days. Since I started with the disputes, my FICO has gone from the high 400's to the high 500's. This has been in the last 6 months. Currently I have disputes with all the CRA's over my last addresses and different spellings of my last name. I also disputed the late pays on the auto loans.