Bottom line on pulling reports and scores

Faith

I have disputed some things on all three credit reports, but it never fails, either the "report number" given to me by the woman at EQ or whatever does not work on their website, etc, etc, etc. I have ProfileProtect, which sucks. Have to call and request credit reports. Privacy guard seems to have its problems. Waiting for reports after each dispute is a pain in the a@$. What are your credit-hawks using on a regular basis to stay on top of things? I qualified yesterday for something I did not previously qualify for without a co-signer, so my score has gone up a little. But I would like to be able to see the score rise in relation to particular activity and deletions, if this is possible. What would you recommend?

When you pull your report numerous times incurring soft inq sometimes resulting in hard inq falling off.

worthknowing.com is good for this. everytime you pull your report just delete your account after reviewing it and then sign up again for a new account. Do this a couple times a day.

privacyguard.com is supposedly good for this too.

does that help?

<blockquote>Originally posted by SeasilverLiquid

Now how does this work and benefit us? How does a hard inq get bumped off from soft inq?

If that is possible, what are the best ways to do this? The least expensive way possible? ;)

</blockquote>

Supposedly their system (Equifax and Transunion only) has only so much space allocated for inquiries. You throw enough soft ones their way then eventually they will take up the room and bump the hard ones out of the way so they can exist since they are newer.

The best way to do this has already been stated...see above.

Less hard inquiries will raise your score of they have been in the past six months.

when you incurr soft inq as a result from pulling your own report, (pull from WK for bumping TU and PG for bumping EQ) apparently the data bases can only hold so many inq, therefore *bumping* off hard inq.

It doesnt work for everyone and it could take a while.

worthknowing.com is free, just sign up, and then delete your account after reviewing it. Do this a couple times a day. (I know its a PITA filling everything out over and over again, but whatever)

privacyguard.com you can sign up $1 for 90 days and pull a new report daily. Its a 3 in 1 report too, so thats kinda cool.

EQ has been very generous in deleting hard inq for me. I simply called them up and told them the inq were not mine, resulting in a total of 19 hard inq DELETING! Many other members have done this with success too.

Hey Morrow! How's it going?

I have been trying WK from last night until right now and it keeps running into server problems. I haven't done it in a while due to the time it takes to fill everything out, but wanted to now since I have a little more time. Luckily, Experian has the least amount of inquiries. I am anxious to eventually see some bumpin' going on. :D

THanks for the help, I had the same problem with worthknowing. I may go the privacyguard route. Do they still allow you to pull your report every day? And will doing these soft inquiries affect all three reports/ bumping them all???

To be honest, I don't know. I am amazed at how little my score has gone up even with the deletion of THREE collection accounts. Add to this the fact that I do not owe much money, have not been late in the last two years...makes me wonder what I have to do to get my score up. I just don't get it. I know people with BK's, etc. with better credit than me.

TU - 565

<blockquote>Originally posted by Faith

To be honest, I don't know. I am amazed at how little my score has gone up even with the deletion of THREE collection accounts. Add to this the fact that I do not owe much money, have not been late in the last two years...makes me wonder what I have to do to get my score up. I just don't get it. I know people with BK's, etc. with better credit than me.

TU - 565

</blockquote>

You have to take into consideration that deleting stuff is only half the battle. You also need to build positive TLs that are aged with good ratios and low utilization. If you just focus on deleting, then your scores arent going to go up regardless.

TU - 565

</blockquote>

Have you gone to MYFICO.COM, it talks a little about FICO there????? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Right now I have a Discover (that I have had for many years...actually a mortgage broker suggested I start using it again/it had been paid off) and right now I owe like 3800 on it, with a limit of $5200. Also got a Capital One a year ago with a whopping $350 limit and I am almost at $300. Should I just pay these down and use them for gas and incidentals? Or pay them partially/halfway off? I had already closed a bunch of store cards, etc. Are you suggesting I get a couple newer cards to use? Yikes, I don't want any inquiries and more bills to have to worry about paying on time!?!? Hey, while you are at it, would you check out my dilemma in the "collections" board? I am having a problem with a CA for an item that has been DELETED but they are threatening me with legal action. As far as building my score, here is one more thing. I have a $200 collection item. Is it worth is to pay them off/settle if they agree to delete entirely?

I have a fresh bk with 20+ negatives on each report. my scores are nothing to write home about and I have so many inquiries on each.

as 4/29

TU 633

ex 609

eq 609

I only have one current positive tradeline going on which is my home mortgage. I guess the mortgage is helping to keep my score up otherwise my scores would 100 points lower on each. I got lucky with TU they just seem to like to delete things.

How come all three of you all look the same? 3 credit devils, huh?

Faith, I just had a co that is a year old drop from my report, my score didn't move. Had another bk item that showed as co in bk, deleted completely, and they removed their inq from the report too, my score went up 4 points on that one. It was old, from 1997-98. The only time I have seen my score move in the last month if from payment activity. I paid a secured installment from 994 down to 100. Paid hhbk cc w/300.00 limit down from 259 to 10.00. Paid First P down from 298 to 204.00. I watched from the start of the payments to the end, took about a week for all 3 to show up!!!!!!!!! My score went from 560 to 595. Its now 599 with the 4 points from the 97-98 account noted above. I don't think we are going to get much points for deleting the older things. IMO I think they are not contributing (sp) too much to our current scores. I can tell you for sure that opening the secured loan (it dropped 18 points when it hit reports) has really helped my score the most. When it reported the last payment of 894, my score went up 29 points within a few days. I hope this helped you. It still don't help my TU as the silly credit union i use don't report to tu at all. It also brought my true fico from 494 to 517. So in the real world of FICO, i got about 23 points for doing the secured loan. I am going to try and find a cu that reports to TU and do another secured! Thankfully HHBK and FPre do report to TU so I do have some good current activity on it.

Right now I have a Discover (that I have had for many years...actually a mortgage broker suggested I start using it again/it had been paid off) and right now I owe like 3800 on it, with a limit of $5200. Also got a Capital One a year ago with a whopping $350 limit and I am almost at $300. Should I just pay these down and use them for gas and incidentals? Or pay them partially/halfway off? I had already closed a bunch of store cards, etc. Are you suggesting I get a couple newer cards to use? Yikes, I don't want any inquiries and more bills to have to worry about paying on time!?!? Hey, while you are at it, would you check out my dilemma in the "collections" board? I am having a problem with a CA for an item that has been DELETED but they are threatening me with legal action. As far as building my score, here is one more thing. I have a $200 collection item. Is it worth is to pay them off/settle if they agree to delete entirely?

</blockquote>

Well the way I understand FICO, you have 3 major areas that contribute to you FICO.

1 MORTGAGE

2.CAR PAYMENT TYPE ACCOUNTS

3.CREDIT CARD ACCOUNTS

It sounds to me that you have nothing in 1 and 2. and your cards are kind of maxed out.

I would talk to some of thes mortagage cats, the are FICO savy.

But as far as my opinion, I'm in a rush I have to jam, I would looking buying some furnature on payments, if you don't want the car payment thing, and paying down the credit card or maybe get a credit limit increase.

I gotta split, but I'm going to be logging back on in about 1hr or maybe tommorrow morning.

I hope the helps. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I am beginning to think it may be a good idea to pay the Discover down to like $2000 and then just keep making small payments. Maybe pay the Cap One almost entirely off and charge gas to it every month...not sure what to do about the two old collection accounts. I am most worried about one that has deleted but they are threatening me with legal action still. If I settle with them, I'm afraid they will reinsert it as a paid collection. Any experience with this? Thanks for the details of your scoring success!!!!!!!!!!!

I may go the privacyguard route. Do they still allow you to pull your report every day?

yep!

And will doing these soft inquiries affect all three reports/ bumping them all???

Nope, unfortunatley its just EQ.

You can get bumpage for TU through WK though, whenever its back up and running.

I am beginning to think it may be a good idea to pay the Discover down to like $2000 and then just keep making small payments. Maybe pay the Cap One almost entirely off and charge gas to it every month...not sure what to do about the two old collection accounts. I am most worried about one that has deleted but they are threatening me with legal action still. If I settle with them, I'm afraid they will reinsert it as a paid collection. Any experience with this? Thanks for the details of your scoring success!!!!!!!!!!!

</blockquote>

Paying 2000 to discover should help your score. I brought my debt/credit ratio from 38% used to 97% used. Maybe the idea of 15-25% used on credit is the best idea to go by.

What is going on with the collection that you are being threatened by? You disputed as "not mine" and cra's deleted? And now the ca is sayng they will sue you?

BTW you always have the "5 days notice" on your side if they did put it back in. Every thread I have read on this says the cra's never send the notice of re-insertion.

Sis, thanks for your willingness to take a look. I didn't get too many replies to this thread, other than from IDON'TPAY, who was very helpful. Still up in the air, because someone said I am mistaken on the SOL. I last paid my Cellular One bill in November of 1997. Got a final bill of $568 and did not pay. Here is where it stands...

I got a letter from Harris and Harris telling me I owe almost $1000 for what was formerly a $500 Cellular One bill. Cell One no longer exists and sold out to CingularWireless. Apparently Harris and Harris is trying to collect these old debts. They said the debt increased due to "interest" etc. I said to send me something in writing, like an original contract showing I agreed to pay interest. I got nothing. Meanwhile, I disputed with TU and they DELETED IT!!! But, I still get calls from Harris and Harris. Should I do a debt validation letter? Does the fact that TU deleted mean they probably couldn't come up with validation? The SOL should be up this time next year. Since it is deleted, but I don't want to get sued, what should I do next? Thanks, Faith

<blockquote>Originally posted by morrow

I may go the privacyguard route. Do they still allow you to pull your report every day?

yep!

And will doing these soft inquiries affect all three reports/ bumping them all???

Nope, unfortunatley its just EQ.

You can get bumpage for TU through WK though, whenever its back up and running.

I honestly don't remember. I suppose the CA would have to come up with a copy if I did, huh? Worst case scenario, I am going to agree to pay only the original amount. I just don't want it ending up back on my report as a paid collection. Interesting that the CRA deleted this...makes me wonder if the CA couldn't validate? Also, does the fact that the OC does not exist have any bearing on anything?