WHAT ARE THEY TALKING ABOUT HERE???

ADSOFT

FCRA

§ 623. Responsibilities of furnishers of information to consumer reporting agencies [15 U.S.C. § 1681s-2]

(a) Duty of furnishers of information to provide accurate information.

(1) Prohibition.

(A) Reporting information with actual knowledge of errors. A person shall not furnish any information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if the person knows or consciously avoids knowing that the information is inaccurate.

(B) Reporting information after notice and confirmation of errors. A person shall not furnish information relating to a consumer to any consumer reporting agency if

(i) the person has been notified by the consumer, at the address specified by the person for such notices, that specific information is inaccurate; and

(ii) the information is, in fact, inaccurate.

© No address requirement. A person who clearly and conspicuously specifies to the consumer an address for notices referred to in subparagraph (B) shall not be subject to subparagraph (A); however, nothing in subparagraph (B) shall require a person to specify such an address.

What is section © talking about,

A) That they have to provide a mail box

B) That they can't refuse mail sent to that mail box

C) None of the above.

.... If anybody knows, please explain????

[Edit by ADSOFT on Monday, May 26, 2003 @ 01:27 PM]

Basically I think they are saying that the person reporting the debt can't give you the run-around. If they list a contact address on the CR, that is where the consumer is supposed to be able to furnish their dispute to the person reporting the debt. I guess they have to give you some way of disputing/validating this debt yourself, whether by address or phone number or something. If they don't, then they can't keep reporting it. That's the way I take it, but don't know how right that is :D

This will probably end up on someone else's thread but I want to ask my question anyway:

In my second round of disputes with TU, I disputed my Circuit City account as "wrong high balance" (they verified in the first round when I disputed "not mine") About 3 days after they started the investigation, they deleted the account. As of yesterday, it's been reinserted. Now, it's still within the 30 day investigation period so I haven't gotten any official results yet. Can I still demand deletion if they don't notify me within 5 days? Or are they allowed to do that because the investigation isn't over yet?

<blockquote>Originally posted by lisak72

Basically I think they are saying that the person reporting the debt can't give you the run-around. If they list a contact address on the CR, that is where the consumer is supposed to be able to furnish their dispute to the person reporting the debt. I guess they have to give you some way of disputing/validating this debt yourself, whether by address or phone number or something. If they don't, then they can't keep reporting it. That's the way I take it, but don't know how right that is :D

</blockquote>

That's what I thought.

NOw, if they refuse the CMRR, to that address ,on more than one occasion is that a violation. ... I know that people sometime refuse to respond to CMRR'S????????

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

[</blockquote>

That's what I thought.

NOw, if they refuse the CMRR, to that address ,on more than one occasion is that a violation. ... I know that people sometime refuse to respond to CMRR'S????????

</blockquote>

If you can't get proper validation from the CR (if the green card comes back unsigned or unopened letter is returned), then the CRAs have to remove because of this area or they have to provide proof of how THEY validated if different. And yes this would be a CA violation.

But I'm no lawyer! hahaha! That's just how I would understand this.