contact after dispute?

karmicways

There is an RJM something on my credit report that says it's from Fingerhut. It also says that it was opened last year. First, I've never bought anything through Fingerhut and darn sure haven't done anything like that in the last year.

I've never heard from these people ever. I dispute it with the CRAs and suddenly today, I get a letter from them telling me that they will accept 50% of the bill. Well, that would be great, if it was actually mine!

So, what do I do? It shows on EX that it has not been verified yet and it's been 3 weeks now. Should I just sit?

I would send a CD letter and let them know this is being disputed when they recieve that they can no longer contact you. If you sent in a dispute letter to the CB they should have already notified RJM. At least that is what they are supposed to do. good luck. Contact meaning also by mail at least while it is being disputed or until verified!