Good results - question too

Miamijc

I just got my Experian results (a day early!). I disputed 5 charge offs (all paid), 2 tradelines for never late (multiple lates showed), and 2 collection accounts (BCA and IC System).

Three charge offs were deleted altogether, including two capital one charge offs! :D

The two tradelines I disputed as never late both came back as updated - NEVER LATE! :D This is better than I expected, as these were both car tradelines, each with 6 or more 30 day lates, and with history dating back to 1995 to last year. Now they show up as "Paid/Never Late" and reside in the "Accounts in Good Standing" section of my EX report. How awesome.

Two charge offs and the collections remain. Amex is one of the charge offs, the staus now says "Paid/Account charged off. $1,521 written off." This charge off was paid in full (to AMEX directly), so I think that that TL is still not accurate, and will challange on that basis I think. Otherwise, I don't know, goodwill letter perhaps? The concern I have is that there is another AMEX tradeline on my account (closed, paid, no lates showing) that is in good standing (for once, an error in my favor!) that I don't want them go back and correct (there never was two accounts, just one bad one, but for some reason two show up!) What do you think?

The second charge off remaining is First USA, except now its status reads "Paid/Past due 180 days" as opposed to paid charge off as it read before. What should I do about this one now? It seems a little better than saying charge off, but 180 days past due might as well be the same thing, right? Anyone have luck with goodwill letters with First USA?

The BNA collection account now reads under the "Your Statement" section: "Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act)". What the heck? At first I thought this meant that BNA advised them that I was disputing it with them (sent DV letter 5/9, no response as of yet; yes, I know my timing on these was screwed up, live and learn). Not I see that it is under "Your statement". I never requested a statement be added, and as a matter of fact I submitted this dipute online, so its not like they could have misinterpreted a letter or anything. I plan on waiting until the 30 days are up with the DV, and then following the standard operating procedure with the CRA. Do you think I should call EX to complain about the way it is showing now?

The other collection, IC systems, also have DV letter outstanding, will challenge accordingly.

Both of the collections were paid previously (along with all my charge offs - before I found this board and knew better ), and are for medical bills. I know that there are some posts around here relating to special challenges for these types of bills, so I will do some searching.

All in all, I am happy with the results, 3 deletes, 2 more moving over from the dark side, 2 pending DV attacks with the remaining collections. I owe it all to this board and you folks. Thanks a ton. And any help with my questions is most appreciated.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Miamijc

Amex is one of the charge offs, the staus now says "Paid/Account charged off. $1,521 written off." This charge off was paid in full (to AMEX directly), so I think that that TL is still not accurate, and will challange on that basis I think. Otherwise, I don't know, goodwill letter perhaps?

</blockquote>

I've got an account like that, too. I'm not sure, but I think it means that before you paid it off, they wrote off the balance and then you paid it. My plan is to dispute all the details until it falls off (they keep verifying though so I think they keep really good records.) A goodwill letter couldn't hurt, though (I might try it) The worst that could happen is that they tell you to jump in a lake.

<blockquote>

The concern I have is that there is another AMEX tradeline on my account (closed, paid, no lates showing) that is in good standing (for once, an error in my favor!) that I don't want them go back and correct (there never was two accounts, just one bad one, but for some reason two show up!) What do you think?

</blockquote>

My DH has one like that, too. Except his is showing as open, zero balance, no lates. Very wierd. The account numbers are different, though. Both times we disputed the bad account, the good one stayed though. I would guess that as long as you don't dispute the good account as a duplicate, it would stay put. My philosophy is that if I have to sacrifice a good account (that isn't mine) to delete a bad account (that is), that's a chance I'm willing to take.

<blockquote>

The second charge off remaining is First USA, except now its status reads "Paid/Past due 180 days" as opposed to paid charge off as it read before. What should I do about this one now? It seems a little better than saying charge off, but 180 days past due might as well be the same thing, right? Anyone have luck with goodwill letters with First USA?

</blockquote>

I've got one of these, too. I'm planning to dispute the "past due 180 days" status because how could it be 180 days past due if it's paid? I haven't tried any goodwill letters, but it probably couldn't hurt.

<blockquote>

The BNA collection account now reads under the "Your Statement" section: "Account information disputed by consumer (Meets requirement of the Fair Credit Reporting Act)". What the heck? At first I thought this meant that BNA advised them that I was disputing it with them (sent DV letter 5/9, no response as of yet; yes, I know my timing on these was screwed up, live and learn). Not I see that it is under "Your statement". I never requested a statement be added, and as a matter of fact I submitted this dipute online, so its not like they could have misinterpreted a letter or anything. I plan on waiting until the 30 days are up with the DV, and then following the standard operating procedure with the CRA. Do you think I should call EX to complain about the way it is showing now?

</blockquote>

I think that means that the CA reported the account to the CRA as in dispute (because of your letter). They're allowed to do that and as long as it says that it's in dispute, it won't effect your score. I wouldn't worry about it for now.

<blockquote>

The other collection, IC systems, also have DV letter outstanding, will challenge accordingly.

</blockquote>

Definitely challenge this one. You can use the old "How could they verify with you when they haven't validated with me?" defence.

Good luck! You're making great progress!