TransUnion 12 GONE!!!

wiscweb

amazing how this stuff works. I disputed 18...count them 18 items from over 5 years ago just out of curiosity. Most of them were paid off, but still showing up on the credit report.

I'm hype like a mug!

For some reason though, the score didn't move. How long does it take for the score to update? Any ideas anyone?

<blockquote>Originally posted by busted

Swede? :confused:

</blockquote>

Yo- your score is based on the data in your file, whenever the data changes, so does your score. I've said it before and will restate what KB said, don't focus on the score as the most important thing, the important thing is the DATA. An old collections account may add to the tenure of the file if you don't have many other old accounts, however, it's still derogatory and when it's removed and positive data is added to the file, the score will raise. Lenders use different formulas for different things so what you see might not be what an auto lender sees anyways. The score should only be viewed as a measure of your success.

<blockquote>Originally posted by busted

Swede? :confused:

</blockquote>

Yo- your score is based on the data in your file, whenever the data changes, so does your score. I've said it before and will restate what KB said, don't focus on the score as the most important thing, the important thing is the DATA. An old collections account may add to the tenure of the file if you don't have many other old accounts, however, it's still derogatory and when it's removed and positive data is added to the file, the score will raise. Lenders use different formulas for different things so what you see might not be what an auto lender sees anyways. The score should only be viewed as a measure of your success.