$1000 per day

karmicways

I found this in the Texas statutes:

§ 20.09. Civil Liability

© In addition to liability imposed under Subsection (a), a consumer reporting agency that does not correct a consumer's file and consumer report before the 10th day after the date on which a judgment is entered against the agency because of inaccurate information contained in a consumer's file is also liable for $1,000 a day until the inaccuracy is corrected.

I thought this was rather interesting. I've been reading a lot about people suing the CRAs for failing to investigate and remove unverifiable information, but this goes a step further. Essentially, the CRAs can open themselves up to some major fines - and obviously do.

<blockquote>Originally posted by LetoAtreides

If I read this correctly though, that is only after a judgment has been entered against them in court.

Stupid as they are, I imagine most CRA's will remove the information ASAP once a judgment has been entered against them in court.

</blockquote>

Ya, but you can always use leverage to think twice before comming after you.

I'm comming up with a DV package; My DV letter and some newspaper ads of CA that got sued, plus some the case law stuff on the board and FTC site. I'm going to fax it them the redispute. I'm sure most of those CA's are going to drop my collections activity like a "HOT PATATOO".

Yeah, it does say after a judgment has been entered against them. Still, if they are so ate-up to get the judgment to begin with, who's to say that they won't sit on their behinds and rack up even more fines.

Of course, I wouldn't know how to go about getting that extra money, except to send that to them and demand it. Wonder if one would have to go to court and get another judgment for that?