Lost 22 points on EQ with no changes

techgoddess

I just checked my DH's EQ score and it went down 22 points and there were no changes. No new inquiries, none of the investigations were finished (all still marked as under investigation) No new information at all. How could that happen? His EQ score is even lower than mine now (mine went up 15 points with no new information.)

<blockquote>Originally posted by techgoddess

I just checked my DH's EQ score and it went down 22 points and there were no changes. No new inquiries, none of the investigations were finished (all still marked as under investigation) No new information at all. How could that happen? His EQ score is even lower than mine now (mine went up 15 points with no new information.)

</blockquote>

any change in the balances?

<blockquote>Originally posted by techgoddess

Nope. I was just looking through it with a fine tooth comb and can't find any differences at all except for the many, many soft inquiries from pulling on PG (still labeled as only soft inquiries so they shouldn't hurt him.)

</blockquote>

Hmm odd........maybe Mr. King has a bad hair-day?? :notsure: :confused:

<blockquote>Originally posted by lisak72

I just checked my EQ...disputes due on Sunday....they actually updated one of the CA in dispute from paid $0 to UNPAID with a BALANCE!!! And even though two other CAs are gone, my score still dropped 10 points! What's up with EQ????

There is your answer, that one collection account getting updated with a balance. It also depends on what is in the over all credit report. How many tradelines are there all together positive verses negative and such. Not an easy thing to pick over the factors contributing to see the over all picture on these things.

*** Time can also help tradelines either way, the older the negative account gets the less it affects the credit score. The older the positive accounts gets - aging will boost the credit score.

Example given for this would be that a 30 day late can hurt the score worse then a 5 year old charge off.

</blockquote>

[Edit by kb9tbq on Friday, May 30, 2003 @ 06:06 AM]