RJM Acquisitions

karmicways

I logged back on to EX just in time today to see that RJM had verified this TL (we have only a few days left of this dispute). I was furious and got the number from DA and let them have it.

First, I told them that this is not mine and how dare they put it on my report and then verify. They told me my SSN (which I read today on here that they don't have that information), and gave me an address of my ex mother in law. I told them that I've never lived there and I've never ordered anything from them. The guy was going to brush me off until I asked for the specifics, like what was purchased, date of purchase.. OH BINGO! This was purchased in 1996! I told the guy that this is beyond the SOL, it's not mine and they better fix it. He put me on hold and then came back and said that the SOL is 4 years and they will have it deleted.

He then went on to say that it will take 45 days to have it deleted because that is how long the CRAs have to correct information. I asked for a faxed letter, because I will send out the letter to the CRAs and have them delete.

I have a question. I came into work this morning and sure enough, there is a letter waiting for me from RJM Aquisitions saying that the TL is to be deleted from my credit report.

Should I go ahead and fax it over to the CRAs? Do I call them first and ask for a fax number or just write up a letter, telling them to delete immediately??

Yeah, and you'll find in the letter they fax you that it says if there has been no deletion to send that to the CRAs.

Did you call the number in NY for RJM?? Honestly, the guy was fairly nice, well... once I notified him of the SOL, he was nice :)

Congrats on yours, too. I have another company that says they will take their TL off my report when I send them a letter letting them know that it's not my account and I've never lived in that state.