Having trouble with Chase...

breathing_easier

I paid a collection account for Chase last December through a company that bought the account from Chase. Experian and TransUnion are correctly reflecting a $0 balance; however, Equifax is still reflecting the balance as it appeared before I paid the account. The tradeline simply says "Collection Account." I disputed the balance with Equifax and just received my updated credit report in which they said Chase verified the unpaid balance. I just got off the phone with Chase (where do they find some of these people??) and the guy insisted that because the account was sold to a third party Chase could never report to the CRAs anything but the original unpaid balance. When I told him that the account was correctly reported to the other two CRAs he said "I don't know how that happened because once it is sold we can never report anything but the original unpaid balance." Of course I know that is a bunch of hoo-hah, but am unsure how to proceed from here. Some direction, please? :confused:

Yep, I have a copy of the check and two different letters from the CA saying that the account was paid. I was so unimpressed with Chase (and more than a little surprised that Chase employs people that don't know anything about the FCRA) that for the time being I'm going to forget about communicating with them and deal only with the CA. If the CA can get things worked out with Equifax then I won't have to deal with the numbskulls at Chase anymore. Too bad, really, as I had a 20-year relationship with them. Shows you that we "valued customers" are just a number. I'll never forget that Chase was one of the first OCs to tell me, when I called to tell them I was worried that I was going to begin missing payments, etc., something I did not want to do and could we work out a reduction in interest charges, fees, anything, that "we can only work out an arrangement after you start missing payments." Things went downhill from there.