Received letter from Cingular today and need help

lilgirlie289

I sent a dv letter to Cingular Wireless on 05/19/03, received letter back today saying "We have received your information in the mail. However the following was not enclosed: Social Security Card, Drivers license copy, Home Phone and Work phone number are required. Please return the information to ..... FAILURE TO DO SO WILL RESULT IN THIS NOT BEING INVERSTIGATED!!

So what do I do now???

<blockquote>Originally posted by lilgirlie289

My rationale is, I screwed up. I was so excited when I found out I could try and fix my credit, that I sent it out and shortly realized afterwards that I shouldn't send it to Cingular.. Oh well. Whats done is done, I just don't know what to do now.

</blockquote>

Don't worry, you didn't "screw up". Sometimes, OC's aren't even aware that they don't fall under the FDCPA and it might work. It's really that you're creating a "case" around the issue and should push come to shove and you'll end up taking them to court, you don't want to be quoting inapplicable law. There's no harm done, just make sure next letter you quote the appropriate sections of the FCRA instead.

If its not your account, then send them what they want with a strongly worded letter.

If its is yours, then theres little to be gained by doing what they are asking for and you cant really catch them on violations if they dont do anything.