Question about deletes on CR?

smithtobi

Hello everybody. I'm a newbie so bare with me.

Question?

I disputed some lates with Transunion and Equifax.

Equifax left my accounts on the report, but deleted my prior paying history. Transunion deleted these accounts all together.

Which one is worse? Deleting the entire account, of removing the entire payment history? I'm confused????

Just a note: My payment history prior to 4 monnths ago was really good and I had no lates. The lates were within the last 4 months, and this is what I was trying to get the CR's to remove.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

Oh, one more question.

Since one of the B's deleted my accounts, wouldn't they be added back next month when the creditors report my paying history? If so, I wonder if it would include my prior payment history? All of creditors report to all 3 credit b's.

<blockquote>Originally posted by smithtobi

I disputed some lates with Transunion and Equifax.

Equifax left my accounts on the report, but deleted my prior paying history. Transunion deleted these accounts all together.

Which one is worse? Deleting the entire account, of removing the entire payment history? I'm confused????

Just a note: My payment history prior to 4 monnths ago was really good and I had no lates. The lates were within the last 4 months, and this is what I was trying to get the CR's to remove.

Any feedback would be helpful.

Thanks

</blockquote>

In this case, you're better off keeping the account on your files and removing the lates. If it's an overall good account with late pays, you'd normally try a goodwill letter because the CRA's will sometimes do what happened to you-delete the entire account. If this account is still open you should be able to have it reinserted next time the OC supplies information to the CRA's for their billing cycle. It's really only collections and charge offs you need to entirely remove.

<blockquote>Originally posted by smithtobi

So what your saying is that I should just wait until the creditors report it this month and not contact the CB's directly to have the acccounts reinstated?

</blockquote>

Yup