Providian gone, Chase appears

Anonymous

After successfully removing Providian from TU and EQ, I disputed my last Providian TL with EX. Received letter that it was deleted, but on my report Chase now appears, with all the same info. I don't know if Chase is tougher than Providian to get off, but I'll keep trying. Has anyone had a similar experience?

Yes, but can they put it back on under Chase? I mean legally??? Can't you dispute that you've never had a Chase Account?? If they are going to put it on your credit, then shouldn't it read the right creditor? If they list the TL under a name that you've never had credit, just because they bought that company, does seem right to be able to add it under that name.

That makes it seem as though they bought the higher doller cards, the top of the top!!!!!!!! And it also says it happened in jan 2002. Mine was a little bitty rebuilder card with 300 limt, and it co'd in May 02. Maybe they missed me!!!!!!!! I hope!

there's legal mumbo jumbo to back up chase. cutting to the chase however, when they bought your account, they bought everything that goes with it i.e., your payment history. They have a right to report it. All you can really do is go for a crapshoot through disputing with the CRA's and shoot goodwill letters to the creditor, IMHO.