Sign in to follow this  
nebulastar

NCO

Has anyone had any success negotiating with NCO to delete item on CR in exchange for settlement offer/ full payment? They are telling my friend that they aren't allowed to give anything in writing regarding this. Anyone had any different responses from NCO?

yup.

Send them a validation letter CMRR.Do NOT accept computer printouts of their accounts as validation. Stop speaking to them on the phone, They will never agree to send you an settlemnt agreement in writing.

I had them a while back andafter a round of dispues and a intent to sue letter, they deleted.

<blockquote>Originally posted by nebulastar

Has anyone had any success negotiating with NCO to delete item on CR in exchange for settlement offer/ full payment? They are telling my friend that they aren't allowed to give anything in writing regarding this. Anyone had any different responses from NCO?

</blockquote>

I sent NCO a letter back in Dec. of 2002 asking them to Validate. Haven’t heard from them since. I must have gotten lucky cause I've read a lot of bad things about NCO. Their not even on my report.

If their not willing to put anything in writing they probably won't stick to their word. I would demand putting things in writing only.

NCO has been nasty. My friend offered full payment of debt and they still won't send anything in writing. This has been going back and forth. Unfortunately this must be paid prior to house closing which is only a few days away.

I did a DV with NCO, and they sent me an apology letter, for the inconvience of reporting erroneous info (thanks to a nutcase letter), and they promptly deleted all tradelines off my CRAs, and this is after I settled with them. If you want the address to complain straight to the horses mouth at NCO, look under Credit Rebuilding Board, and search under the NCO 3 page thread under that topic. If no luck, Email me, and MAKE SURE you put NCO in the subject matter, please, so I knw what it is implying to...Thank you and bye bye:)

[Edit by Waxworks on Tuesday, June 3, 2003 @ 08:50 PM]

[Edit by Waxworks on Tuesday, June 3, 2003 @ 09:16 PM]

An interesting turn of events regarding NCO. My friend paid debt in full. Home closing was days away and this needed to be resolved prior to closing. Along with payment he enclosed a letter stating per their telephone conversation, upon receipt of payment, NCO would delete from all CR. A week later my friend received a call from a "supervisor" from NCO whom he had spoken to on one other occasion. He said that they were returning my friends payment as they weren't prepared to meet his "demands". Nothing has been returned .....so far. ( Another week has passed) My friend is unable to check on status of money order sent. (Post Office requires 30 day time lapse)

My question.....how does he proceed now? Wait until 30 days has passed to see what NCO has reported on his CR? Dispute with CRAs?

I would appreciate any advice given.

My friend received a letter today from NCO stating that he had "failed to keep his payment arrangement". They are demanding payment in full within 3 business days. They also referred to the OC as their "client". My friend was told by the OC that the debt had been sold to NCO. What is going on here??