Question about TU and 30 days

Tflutterby27

My 30 days is up tomorrow with TU and I still haven't heard anything. I know I have to wait a few days after the 30 days due to mailing but is there a number that I can call and ask what the status is. Well I found a number but just wondering if anyone has had this issue before. Just looking for some advice. Thanks! :D :D

DO NOT CALL THEM BEFORE THE 30 DAYS IS UP!!!

Afterwards, sure, you can give them a call. Or you can just wait the five business days. You do not want to give them a reason to extend the investigation 15 days. And they will use any reason.

<blockquote>Originally posted by md

DO NOT CALL THEM BEFORE THE 30 DAYS IS UP!!!

Afterwards, sure, you can give them a call. Or you can just wait the five business days. You do not want to give them a reason to extend the investigation 15 days. And they will use any reason.

</blockquote>

I called them (TU) 2 days before the end of my 30 days...asked about the status of my disputes and asked them what date they had for the end of my 30 days. they told me they hadn't heard anything yet and when it would be completed. No problem with them at all!

another quick question if anyone can help? I lost my file number on the report that I did the disputes on and now I can no longer view it online. Can they still help me when I call them? Or will they give me a hard time because I don' have it? Thanks!

I sent DV to my last 2 remaing OC's signed by them on 4/28, havent heard a word from the OC's,after i received the green card disputed on-libe with all 3, EQ and EX came back verified.. oh really? hows that possible? how can they verify with you when the accounts are in dispute?..im just wating for TU to get off their a** and reply..TU still hasnt responded and the GC was signed by them on 5/5

whoops !

The only question that concerns me with the whole 30 days is...

do they have to verify within 30 days (CRA)

or does the law say you as the consumer must have the "results" back in 30 days?

what if TU sends the letter and it was verified 15 days after your request but you received the response back from TU 40 days later? is this a violation of the FCRA?

I think it says they have to "verify within 30 days" not contact you

anyone got the skinny on this?

<blockquote>Originally posted by Tflutterby27

My 30 days is up tomorrow with TU and I still haven't heard anything. I know I have to wait a few days after the 30 days due to mailing but is there a number that I can call and ask what the status is.

</blockquote>

For me TU took the longest to get back to me - ended up being about 35 - 37 days before I got my response, but all were deleted. It was hard to wait once the 30 days were up but in my opinion better than giving them a reason to extend their time. I have been doing repair for my GF as well and they took a while with hers but all are deleted too. Seems to me like they are spending more time writing creative letters than actually trying to follow up. Just my opinion.

:notsure: