Sign in to follow this  
edubb007

Chevron scam...

I realized yesterday when I called Chevron due to the website being down, that this is a whole new scam. You see I got the card, read below...

Got Me A Chevron Card

Now I see a whole ne w scam. I asked the guy at Chevron to report my Limit and to all three CRA's. The three CRA's don't seem to be the problem The problem/SCAM is that they refuse to report your limit. The choose to report your high balance. :confused:

I thought about it and said to the guy. Wait a minute, you mean I would have to max the card, pay it off in order to get the $300 to show up. That then would not come to the CR as my Limit but my High Balnce??? There are no Chevrons in PA let alone enough driving to charge $300 worth of gas in a onth! Maybe buy my neighbors some gas. :D

So guess where that leaves me! That damn Chevron Direct junk page! So I might have to buy10 pairs of Chevron oven mits for christmas and pay them all off after the cycle hits! Maybe 20 Chevron miniture pumps! LOL! :D

What's everyones opinin?

Edubb007 :cool:

<blockquote>Originally posted by edubb007

I realized yesterday when I called Chevron due to the website being down, that this is a whole new scam. You see I got the card, read below...

Got Me A Chevron Card

Now I see a whole ne w scam. I asked the guy at Chevron to report my Limit and to all three CRA's. The three CRA's don't seem to be the problem The problem/SCAM is that they refuse to report your limit. The choose to report your high balance. :confused:

I thought about it and said to the guy. Wait a minute, you mean I would have to max the card, pay it off in order to get the $300 to show up. That then would not come to the CR as my Limit but my High Balnce??? There are no Chevrons in PA let alone enough driving to charge $300 worth of gas in a onth! Maybe buy my neighbors some gas. :D

So guess where that leaves me! That damn Chevron Direct junk page! So I might have to buy10 pairs of Chevron oven mits for christmas and pay them all off after the cycle hits! Maybe 20 Chevron miniture pumps! LOL! :D

What's everyones opinin?

</blockquote>

Thats funny you mention Chevron, I paid them the 50 bones and received an e-mail from them 3 weeks ago saying my card has been approved and should expect to receive it in 7-10 business day

**opens mailbox...yep...not there**

So guess where that leaves me! That damn Chevron Direct junk page! So I might have to buy10 pairs of Chevron oven mits for christmas and pay them all off after the cycle hits! Maybe 20 Chevron miniture pumps

</blockquote>

HAHAHAHA you're too funny, I'd take the mits for sure. Anyways, You can get them to report the limit, call them back and tell them you'll need someone in their credit reporting dept. tell them that you need it reported or you'll cancel your card. They'll argue and say it doesn't but they will report it. The problem is that it's the "policy" so next time they update, it'll go back to the HCL so you either have to call them again or do what you say and max it out. On a good note, they don't report every month, it's been quarterly so it's just one call be quarter for me.

That's why you're one of the best! Small hands? I gotta order your mits! ;)

Talk to Ya L8R

E :D

[Edit by edubb007 on Thursday, June 5, 2003 @ 12:00 PM]

That's why you're one of the best! Small hands? I gotta order your mits! ;)

</blockquote>

Small hands are better for you..........only cause then you can order the cheaper kids version mits.

Got Me A Chevron Card

What's everyones opinin?

</blockquote>

Cancel the F***EN card (excuse my langauge) there should be a time limit, if they don't let you maybe you can call FTC, ATTG, CONSUMER AFFAIRS. I wouldn't put up with that sh**!!!!

[Edit by ADSOFT on Saturday, June 7, 2003 @ 02:28 AM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

<blockquote>

Cancel the FUCKEN card

</blockquote>

easy ADSOFT

some people get offended by that type of language..

:eek:

Cancel the FUCKEN card (excuse my langauge) there should be a time limit, if they don't let you maybe you can call FTC, ATTG, CONSUMER AFFAIRS. I wouldn't put up with that ****!!!!

</blockquote>

Well if he cancels the card it'll still remain on his report and he'll get another card meaning there's now 2 freshly opened accounts lowering the average age of your report. Unless you have very long credit history and that's not of big concern, I wouldn't cancel it.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

Cancel the FUCKEN card (excuse my langauge) there should be a time limit, if they don't let you maybe you can call FTC, ATTG, CONSUMER AFFAIRS. I wouldn't put up with that ****!!!!

</blockquote>

Well if he cancels the card it'll still remain on his report and he'll get another card meaning there's now 2 freshly opened accounts lowering the average age of your report. Unless you have very long credit history and that's not of big concern, I wouldn't cancel it.

</blockquote>

Why should the card stay on his report if it was reporting incorrect information in the first place!!!

It's a violation to his credit worthiness, defamaiton of character and all that crap!!!

As a matter of fact I would even as them to remove the inquiry. Offering credit under false pretenses, ....! There has to be some violation somewhere.

"da man bringin me down"

the whole system is designed to f*ck everybody..

Ive always been courious as to why it doesnt go both ways..

if a cell co can report a 30-60 day late.. why dont they report the 2 years of on time payments?

Why should the card stay on his report if it was reporting incorrect information in the first place!!!

</blockquote>

Because closed accounts even though closed, still stays on your files for 10 years.

It's a violation to his credit worthiness, defamaiton of character and all that crap!!!

As a matter of fact I would even as them to remove the inquiry. Offering credit under false pretenses, ....! There has to be some violation somewhere.

</blockquote>

You'll have to take them to court for defamation of character and the case doesn't seem so strong only from the fact that they do not report CL.

<blockquote>Originally posted by EddieTampa

if a cell co can report a 30-60 day late.. why dont they report the 2 years of on time payments?

</blockquote>

Apparently if no late pays are noted, it is assumed that the payments are on time, and from the notation "pays as agreed" I'd think it's pretty obvious.

[Edit by Swede on Thursday, June 5, 2003 @ 12:44 PM]

Also, if he cancels the card and they don't report it correctly he can have it cancelled even faster!!!!

I know that in my state, you can cancel most contracts in 30 days.

Now, CC are regulatated by what FCBA, AND ??? TILA, I'm sure you can find something in there, as matter of fact that gives me an idea, I going cancel my CAP-ONE based on that, make that, I'm still within the 60-90 days.

"da man bringin me down"

</blockquote>

Because it's this huge, mammoth conspiracy of every credit company out there, and they're specifically coming after you, Eddie. ADSOFT is second in line.

Leave the F word out of your posts, guys, please. It's annoying, childish, unneccessary, and offensive. This isn't a locker room, and contrary to your beliefs, it is not a "public" forum - it's privately owned, and I, for one, will be encouraging Admin to ban all 10 of your IP addresses, 7 email accounts, and 4 hard drives from this forum should you persist. I will, additionally, report you to your ISP (or all 10 of them) for abuse of your account and demand that they disable your online access. And if you get a new ISP, I'll just keep doing it over and over and over again until you finally give up and go away. I had the time, patience, and perseverance to battle the CRA's and win, and next to them you're just a baby.

And I won't wait the 180 days as mandated by the FTC, either.

~Cookie

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

</blockquote>

<blockquote>

Apparently if no late pays are noted, it is assumed that the payments are on time, and from the notation "pays as agreed" I'd think it's pretty obvious.

</blockquote>

Ive had a sprint phone for 3 years and never paid late, doesnt show up on any of my 3 CRA's

i thought since it probably fell into the electric/utilitiy/phone they only report lates etc.. which begs my original question

<blockquote>Originally posted by cookiemnster

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

Because it's this huge, mammoth conspiracy of every credit company out there, and they're specifically coming after you, Eddie. ADSOFT is second in line.

Leave the F word out of your posts, guys, please. It's annoying, childish, unneccessary, and offensive. This isn't a locker room, and contrary to your beliefs, it is not a "public" forum - it's privately owned, and I, for one, will be encouraging Admin to ban all 10 of your IP addresses, 7 email accounts, and 4 hard drives from this forum should you persist. I will, additionally, report you to your ISP (or all 10 of them) for abuse of your account and demand that they disable your online access. And if you get a new ISP, I'll just keep doing it over and over and over again until you finally give up and go away. I had the time, patience, and perseverance to battle the CRA's and win, and next to them you're just a baby.

~Cookie

</blockquote>

Hahahaha .. no offense cookie, but thats comedy material

I'll give you 1 i.p and 1 e-mail.. buts thats as far as youll get

trust me

:D

[Edit by EddieTampa on Thursday, June 5, 2003 @ 12:51 PM]

Ive had a sprint phone for 3 years and never paid late, doesnt show up on any of my 3 CRA's

i thought since it probably fell into the electric/utilitiy/phone they only report lates etc.. which begs my original question

</blockquote>

Still haven't learned how to quote other people's posts I see, well I guess some people are just slow.....

As you may know, or should know since you're an "EXPERT", there's nothing in the FCRA that states that creditors MUST REPORT information, only that if they do it has to be accurate so if you paid your cellphone bill late- apparently it is ok to report that because it is accurate.

"da man bringin me down"

</blockquote>

~Cookie

</blockquote>

Well, I don't think the credit company's are comming after me, personally, or Eddie either

... according to FDCPA and Congress

ยง 802. Congressional findings and declarations of purpose [15 USC 1692]

(a) There is abundant evidence of the use of abusive, deceptive, and unfair debt collection practices by many debt collectors. Abusive debt collection practices contribute to the number of personal bankruptcies, to marital instability, to the loss of jobs, and to invasions of individual privacy.

I happen to like EDDIE, I think he's cool, as a matter of fact I'm kind of jealous of the guy, I think the girl "I don't Pay" wants to hook up with him!!! Eddie go for it..!!!!!!, I would!!

And as for the language I excused myself and a gentle reminder would be appreciated, if you want to call the FTC, go for it!!!

It's not like we are trying to harrass anybody,

Why do feel threatened that somebody asks you questions, They are legitmate ones?????

I noticed that nobody is asking any questions.

YOUR RESPONSE WOULD BE APPRECIATED!!!!

I'll give you 1 i.p and 1 e-mail.. buts thats as far as youll get

trust me

:D

</blockquote>

Yeah, that's what Kevin Mitnick thought, too, that his systems were inpenetrable. Unfortunately for him, and for you, every system has its vulnerabilities. Just takes some creativity and patience to find and exploit them.

Over-confidence is so very dangerous, Eddie.

Anyway, I don't really want to get it with you two, that's not what I'm here for!!!

As far as posting I always ask to be corrected if I'm wrong, I try to cover myself.

And, Cookiemonster, I know thing got out of hand with the CAP-ONE issue. Personally, I'm trying to put that behind, I hope you can too.

As far as the profanity, well I appologize, I guess your right, it's unacceptable, (at least to be flaggart about it).

</blockquote>

ADSOFT - the Cap One thing is way behind me. That's why I said I included your name as a tongue-in-cheek thing. Only included because in the post above mine, you made mention of cancelling your Crap One card for that very reason.

(That'll hurt your score even worse, btw, in case you weren't aware, I'll throw that out there now. LOL. My little disclaimer so when it happens you can't say "Why didn't you guys tell me?") ;)

</blockquote>

I appreciate that, I'm trying to see if I can cancell it and get it off the report at the same time. If not, well I guess I'm stuck with it.

Again, I appologize for loosing my composure!!!!

EddieTampa,

Hey, I wanted to mention that, I feel there is a lot of material to learn here, people are going to make mistakes.

... For what ever its worth, I know that people can loose thier composure when dealing with the creditor and trying to figure this out.

... My recommendation, and not trying to tell you what to do, but, ... Its been my experience that people are going to hold you accountable for what you say (for better or for worse), so I personally, try to be careful of what I personally, say. That might work for you too.

... Also, I noticed that people don't take you serous if you use profanity.

And, I always say" ....If I'm wrong, members please feel free to correct me"

... That might help. I get the impression you are just like the rest of us, "TRYING TO FIX YOUR CREDIT".

Hey and get "I DON'T PAYS" EMAIL she sounds like a HOTTY!!!!

... I hope we can all treat each other with some respect from now on and have fun while we try to fix our credit!!!!!

EddieTampa,

Hey, I wanted to mention that, I feel there is a lot of material to learn here, people are going to make mistakes.

... For what ever its worth, I know that people can loose thier composure when dealing with the creditor and trying to figure this out.

... My recommendation, and not trying to tell you what to do, but, ... Its been my experience that people are going to hold you accountable for what you say (for better or for worse), so I personally, try to be careful of what I personally, say. That might work for you too.

... Also, I noticed that people don't take you serous if you use profanity.

And, I always say" ....If I'm wrong, members please feel free to correct me"

... That might help. I get the impression you are just like the rest of us, "TRYING TO FIX YOUR CREDIT".

Hey and get "I DON'T PAYS" EMAIL she sounds like a HOTTY!!!!

... I hope we can all treat each other with some respect from now on and have fun while we try to fix our credit!!!!!

</blockquote>

appreciate the advice brother, but I dont answer to anybody,the only women I listen to are my mother and my girlfriend .. and Swede isnt either of them(im a business owner, people answer to me)

All she has to do is leave me alone..

I dont bother her, she can extend me the same courtesy.

Hypocrites touch a sensitive nerve with me, the same people that have a problem with what others do and say yet turn around and pay 7 dollars to see a movie full of cuss words..

dig?

That's cool!!!!, I wasn't trying to tell you how to behave, I was sharing some of experiences.

appreciate the advice brother, but I dont answer to anybody,the only women I listen to are my mother and my girlfriend .. and Swede isnt either of them(im a business owner, people answer to me)

</blockquote>

Thank heavens for that

All she has to do is leave me alone..

I dont bother her, she can extend me the same courtesy.

</blockquote>

Actually you DO bother me when you give people incorrect information and I told you that when I see you spouting misinformation I will correct it. If you have noticed, my initial reply to your misinformational posts are always neutral until you decide to continue repeating incorrect info.

Hypocrites touch a sensitive nerve with me, the same people that have a problem with what others do and say yet turn around and pay 7 dollars to see a movie full of cuss words..

</blockquote>

First off, I don't think my choice in movies are known to you, however, even if you did know movies I see it's pretty irrelevant here. This is a discussion board, people have asked you to discontinue your offensive posts INCLUDING ADMIN who IS the owner of this site. Whether or not I see a movie with cuss words is HARDLY of relevance here I'd say.

Hey Sweded ???

Here, quote me just for a test..

*no editing please*

:p

</blockquote>

Seems to be working fine for some of us.