edubb007

Chevron scam...

There are some things that will always be up for debate and personal interpretation; I think the pre/post 97 things is one of them, among others.

BUT with that said, there are basic things about the FCRA and FDCPA that everyone that is here should know. One of which is to READ the thing, and another is to understand message board posting.

Following the subject topics of each board and realizing that your question has most likely been asked but when you ask it again give enough information that someone can help you vs. just asking: I have a collection that is 4 years old, how do I get it off?

I read this board for months before I ever posted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that yes, the same things ARE discussed over and over, but everyone involved in the situation is different and their paths are different.

We are all working towards the same thing here - getting our credit cleaned and keeping it clean AND our score raised.

If you can't play like that..then you just need to leave.

are you directing this to me? because once again i sense hostility. just leave it alone. i seriously don't need your comments, i have learned the 'ways' of discussion forums, thanks. read the whole thread, it isn't even about me or my posting. read read read... and leave me alone. i have read the flippin acts, so go preach to the beginning debt validation forum if you feel frisky. boy if my friends gave me this much attitude for not immediately understanding protocol i would be friendless.

I do know that your questions have been answered all day under how ever many names you posted them under. I was actually just bringing into prespective once again not to be wary to ask, but just ask a FULL question rather than a half explained one and do it only on the board you should.

I was jumped on once for replying with Read section XX of the FCRA and someone told me that was "not very helpful". Well heck, what do you want from me? To write your DV letters too?

I do not preach to anyone, nor do I ever intend to. I got more hostility out of your post that I tried to "read into" mine. Chill out already. That post was not directed at you specfically, it was more general speaking. But if you feel it was directed at you..then maybe it was.

sorry but i felt attacked. i am certainly happy that you have that much time to read ALL of my posts and threads. i am especially happy that people have the time to search and paste threads pertaining to arguments that bash my credibility just to win a stupid argument on the fricken internet. i am so touched by that. BUT in all actuality, it's not a big deal. really, is it? i feel like i need to be beat with a wet noodle for making a mistake. not that i should have to justify a tiny blunder, but i have never been a member of a 'forum' or 'discussion' before... i didn't read the general info before i began. i didn't realized it was as organized as it is. that was my mistake, but i keep getting that rubbed in my face. it's annoying. i was just trying to get the hostile people on this thread smiling again until i got 'jumped' for being an idiot... i can understand wanting to address the fdcpa, but you have to remember, if everyone understood it, they wouldn't be here asking questions. i have read it and it still doesn't make perfect sense, it's all in how one can 'bend' it to fit their circumstances. not everyone is mentally equipped to do so. not everyone is good at understanding the LAW. that is why there are lawyers and clients. i sincerely appreciate all of the wonderful opinions from the senior members. i really dont' think there is anyone who 'has not' been helpful, even if it has not been delivered well. i think the law can be compared to the bible, obviously if the bible was clear cut, we wouldn't have 'bible study'... i have read the fdcpa, but no i hadn't done so when i began, as i am sure most people don't at first. but listen, i wasn't trying to be hostile can we call it good and just let it go? i don't want any bad vibes with anyone here, can i have redemption for posting too many threads??? please?

So this guy walks into a bar with a frog on his head and orders a whiskey sour for himself, and a vodka tonic for the frog. The bartender looks at him kind of funny, and asks him if....

<blockquote>Originally posted by Idon'tpay

yes the posts made me feel stupid and seemed rude to me, when i first got here.

</blockquote>

I hear violins........anyone else hear it?? You know damn well that I tried for several hours to help you. If you felt abused it would have been best for your "emotional well-being" to not continue asking me............

Not until posted in various forums under various names did I ask you to stop. Do you want me to post this my replies to you in chronological order? I was more than helpful to you, but you didn't like the answers you got. Great, I won't reply to your posts anymore and you don't have to read mine- done, case closed!

For all- (not just you Idontpay) there is a forum called "Please read before posting", in that, Kristy, the admin of this site, asks people to not post the same question in more than one forum as it gets too confusing. Here's the link to it http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/cgi-local/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=14&thread=1913

<blockquote>Originally posted by Xanathos

So this guy walks into a bar with a frog on his head and orders a whiskey sour for himself, and a vodka tonic for the frog. The bartender looks at him kind of funny, and asks him if....

</blockquote>

Do you feel neglected? ;) Do you feel like nobody is hearing you.... :rolleyes:

LOL Xan!

I feel like singing Christmas songs already myself. Or many it was just singing to myself...hmm can't remember mild case of CRS here!

Idon'tpay,

Its not a matter of who has time to read everythread vs who doesn't. I haven't read all your threads, nor do I intend to unless it pertains to something I am searching and it rolls up on the search. And for that matter I don't read all the threads. If the email system starts up again I could keep better track. I just know what I see/hear when I do pop in. And I really hate seeing posters who are good and do deliver good and easy to understand information being bashed about and called everything short of trash by people who have no idea what the FCRA REALLY means.

Over

Done

Enough

i didn't bash. it's not over, because you do not address my posts... i didn't bash anyone. why are you being direct, then general, direct then general? i don't think that i understand you. i have not bashed anyone.... be nice...

i didn't bash. it's not over, because you do not address my posts... i didn't bash anyone. why are you being direct, then general, direct then general? i don't think that i understand you. i have not bashed anyone.... be nice...

</blockquote>

Idon'tpay,

I don't want to get in middle of this, but FWIW, I got reprimanded a few times for muli-posting and mixing threads.

I just responded with a "SORRY, I'll ask before starting new threads". I was kind of on a self-proclaimed probationary period. Its frustrating for some of the senior members because they answer these question multiple times for new members.

I started keeping a text file, with itemized sections and my favorite links. It helped me because I sometimes forget, and Swede & Cookiemonster have good memories.:i.e.,

1. DISPUTES

....link...

....link..

2. DV

... link ....

3. FCRA

... link.

4. INQUIRIES REMOVING:

-TU

... link ...

... link ....

-EX

... link ...

-EQ

.. link ....

5. VALIDATION

.. and most important, the TL'S I'm working with

6. AMERICAN AGENCIES

7. MEDICAL ACCOUNTS

8. ITS LETTERS

.. link ..

... link..

..Your a smart girl, I think you get it,

Regarding everthing that has been said in last two day, just try to put it behind you, and try make your posts clear and to the point, .... that's what I do.

I hope that helps!!!!!

[Edit by ADSOFT on Friday, June 6, 2003 @ 04:05 PM]

Eddie, ADSOFT and Swede,

You guys have got to try and get along. It takes 2 to fight. (or in this case, 3 to fight). Swede, you're my bud, but I have to say again that the best approach is just don't respond to attacks and they will give up. You can point out mis-information, without getting down to their level.

Eddie and ADSOFT, I truly value your contributions. However, this is your LAST warning before you are banned. Quit the personal attacks!! And I'll be happy to take the time and trouble to figure out all of your IP addresses, I've been doing IP for 12 years, (not that that's any big accomplishment). Please try and keep it to the point, which is credit.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Swede

yes the posts made me feel stupid and seemed rude to me, when i first got here.

</blockquote>

I hear violins........anyone else hear it?? You know damn well that I tried for several hours to help you. If you felt abused it would have been best for your "emotional well-being" to not continue asking me............

Not until posted in various forums under various names did I ask you to stop. Do you want me to post this my replies to you in chronological order? I was more than helpful to you, but you didn't like the answers you got. Great, I won't reply to your posts anymore and you don't have to read mine- done, case closed!

For all- (not just you Idontpay) there is a forum called "Please read before posting", in that, Kristy, the admin of this site, asks people to not post the same question in more than one forum as it gets too confusing. Here's the link to it http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/cgi-local/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=14&thread=1913

<blockquote>Originally posted by Xanathos

</blockquote>

Do you feel neglected? ;) Do you feel like nobody is hearing you.... :rolleyes:

</blockquote>

And WHO are you?

<blockquote>Originally posted by admin

Eddie, ADSOFT and Swede,

You guys have got to try and get along. It takes 2 to fight. (or in this case, 3 to fight). Swede, you're my bud, but I have to say again that the best approach is just don't respond to attacks and they will give up. You can point out mis-information, without getting down to their level.

Eddie and ADSOFT, I truly value your contributions. However, this is your LAST warning before you are banned. Quit the personal attacks!! And I'll be happy to take the time and trouble to figure out all of your IP addresses, I've been doing IP for 12 years, (not that that's any big accomplishment). Please try and keep it to the point, which is credit.

</blockquote>

Your "Send private emails" feature doesn't work, Admin.. I'll be more than happy to sort the mess out for you, but ya gotta get ahold of me. Can drop me a line at for a couple weeks(right up until the spambots crawl this forum and start sending spam to that address)

Eddie, ADSOFT and Swede,

</blockquote>

Fair enough admin

everythings groovy

you seem to be a fair person.. I dont think people that come here looking for answers should be drilled and intimidated

JMHO, but if your not going to help someone.. dont answer

seems simple enough to me..

you gave "fair warning" and it is noted.

my outcome will be the result of my actions..

Understood

[Edit by EddieTampa on Friday, June 6, 2003 @ 07:46 PM]

O.K. :D

Now let's all make up and share in the wealth of my Chevron card! Chevron Hat anyone? Anyone? Man I can't even give this crap away! :mad:

Oh well.... It's a TL and I'll work the quarterly thing for a year to get a good tradeline on my CR. I hope I answered my question! ;)

Did I even Have a question???

Love, Peace and chicken grease!!!

Edubb007 :D

[Edit by edubb007 on Friday, June 6, 2003 @ 07:58 PM]

<blockquote>Originally posted by edubb007

O.K. :D

Now let's all make up and share in the wealth of my Chevron card! Chevron Hat anyone? Anyone? Man I can't even give this crap away! :mad:</blockquote>

I'll take some oven mitts edubb! ;)

Idontpay,

This is directed towards you, okay?

When Swede posted those links up there, it was not directed at you but rather was meant as a defense against an uncalled for attack by someone else (who I believe was the one who brought you into it, not Swede). Rather than trying to make you feel small, or appear dense or stupid, I think she was just trying to point out that she didn't attack you for asking newbie questions, she answered your questions quite patiently. (Until it got to the point where it was annoying answering the same questions over and over again, at which time I think she pointed out posting etiquette. I didn't go back and read those links.)

Despite the fact that you were mentioned, it was not an attack on you. If you want to be "turned on" by this idiot, well, then that's your call. I just hope you like ironing and being treated like a servant.

~Cookie

Eddie, ADSOFT and Swede,

</blockquote>

Admin,

That's cool, I was just trying to help, I guess I put my foot in my mouth, I happen to like, all the people mentioned in this thread. I was trying to solve things!!!

AD,

I think you should change your signature to "first", instead of "if all else fails". If all else fails you should go to court and get them on their violations. :D

<blockquote>Originally posted by cookiemnster

Idontpay,

This is directed towards you, okay?

When Swede posted those links up there, it was not directed at you but rather was meant as a defense against an uncalled for attack by someone else (who I believe was the one who brought you into it, not Swede). Rather than trying to make you feel small, or appear dense or stupid, I think she was just trying to point out that she didn't attack you for asking newbie questions, she answered your questions quite patiently. (Until it got to the point where it was annoying answering the same questions over and over again, at which time I think she pointed out posting etiquette. I didn't go back and read those links.)

Despite the fact that you were mentioned, it was not an attack on you. If you want to be "turned on" by this idiot, well, then that's your call. I just hope you like ironing and being treated like a servant.

~Cookie

</blockquote>

I thought the admin made herself perfectly clear cookie

she said to chill

yet now you resort to name calling

if you want to get nasty your messing with the wrong person.. had that been me that called you an "idiot" I'd be banned, but I suppose your "senior" status may have bought you a few points others dont have.

You can say all you want about me, doesnt bother me.. but one thing you cant say is that I ever called you a "name"

Your not going to bait me into getting myself banned.. your wasting your time

Look truce... Just leave me alone, go bother someone else.. thats all ive been asking from you guys the last 2 weeks..

deal?

[Edit by EddieTampa on Saturday, June 7, 2003 @ 03:59 AM]

Eddie, first of all -

notice that the post was not directed at you.

secondly, this was posted at the same time that Admin was posting her stuff.

Any truce with you will not include going behind you and correcting your misinformation, be clear on that. I will always correct bad information, whether it's given by you or anyone else.

Eddie, first of all -

notice that the post was not directed at you.

</blockquote>

~Cookie

</blockquote>

It looks like it was directed toward him.

secondly, this was posted at the same time that Admin was posting her stuff.</blockquote>

The time stamp on Admin's post was 2 1/2 hours earlier.

Any truce with you will not include going behind you and correcting your misinformation, be clear on that. I will always correct bad information, whether it's given by you or anyone else.

</blockquote>

You can do that without name calling and personal attacks.

It's funny how when these threads turn ugly it's always the same "senior members" involved. Why not treat this like the collectors who turn up every so often. Post the correct info and then leave it alone. As for me I'm tired of it. I'm out of here.

OK, Ken, maybe I just didn't refresh fast enough to see Admin's message before I posted that.

I am absolutely dumbfounded that after everything that EddieTampa has said and the names that he has called, you would choose to jump on the word "idiot", in a post that was meant to reassure another poster. Either you're not reading anything this guy has said, or you just have a personal problem with me.

Either way.......

As for me I'm tired of it. I'm out of here.

Bye.

Krisy- Thanks for stepping in, I appreciate you comments. I don't think anyone has a problem with ADSOFT, I know I don't.

When Swede posted those links up there, it was not directed at you but rather was meant as a defense against an uncalled for attack by someone else (who I believe was the one who brought you into it, not Swede). Rather than trying to make you feel small, or appear dense or stupid, I think she was just trying to point out that she didn't attack you for asking newbie questions, she answered your questions quite patiently. </blockquote>

Thanks Cookie- I thought it was obvious that that was what I was trying to do- apparently not. Thanks for clarifying it.

<blockquote>Originally posted by edubb007

Oh well.... It's a TL and I'll work the quarterly thing for a year to get a good tradeline on my CR. I hope I answered my question! ;)

Did I even Have a question???

</blockquote>

You really need to give credit where credit is due, man……;) I do believe I'm the one who told you to do that...:)

<blockquote>Originally posted by kenrb01

It's funny how when these threads turn ugly it's always the same "senior members" involved. Why not treat this like the collectors who turn up every so often. Post the correct info and then leave it alone. As for me I'm tired of it. I'm out of here.

</blockquote>

What is funny is that you've not been paying attention......I'm sure you don't have time to read every post but I do read every post that I'm involved in, so as opposed to you, I am aware of everything that has been said between Eddie, Cookie and myself.

And yes, we have tried to treat it as the "collector that shows up" and post the correct information, but the person chose to intentionally try to discredit us while in the process using profane language towards us.

I don't suppose you saw one of the first threads where Eddie asked what gender I was and when I answered "female" his reply was "do me a solid and get me and my friends a pitcher of Bud Light". I will not put up with chauvinistic comments in "real life" and I can promise you I will not do so on an internet board either http://www.debt-consolidation-credit-repair-service.com/cgi-local/cutecast/cutecast.pl?forum=1&thread=5908

As for the “same senior members” being involved, that’s probably because we do spend a lot of time on the board and try to read most of the posts so we are aware of what’s going on and we do feel the need to step in where misinformation is being distributed.

If you chose to leave then fine, so be it, but next time, you should try to get the entire scoop before making your decision.