VA - Loan, easy to get?

Anonymous

Has anyone tried to get a VA load, asumming they served in the armed forces?

I am wondering if their standards for loan qualification are any different from other types of mortgage loans.

If anyone has such experience or knows someone that has, I wouldlove to hear about it. :)

Mike

Call up the VA at 1-800-827-1000, and speak to a vet rep, and state that you want a VA Certificate of Elgiability. I do know the one main requirement is a DD214, BUT if youre service-connected, all you need to fill in is your VA file #. When completed, and sent back to the VA Center, you should get it in 2-3 weeks. I have mine already, I am just waiting to clean up my credit a little, before I go get my house:D

Yes, get the certificate. Most banks will work with you to clean your credit. Alot of letter writing. We went through chase Manhatten and they were great. We had crappy credit but the woman worked with us and helped us write letters and vwela...we got our mortgage! This was 6 years ago. I didn't know about cleaning up my own credit back then. But Chase cleaned it up for me. You get the VA interest rate. At that time it was 8%.