HELP KB9BTQ

ADSOFT

KB

Q#1: When disputing with a CA, how long after recieving your CMRR should you wait unit your CR shows the item in dispute?

Q#2: How long is the item susposed to stay in dispute, i.e, once they validate the debt, are they supposed to remove the DISPUTE disclaimer????

<blockquote>Originally posted by ADSOFT

KB

Q#1: When disputing with a CA, how long after recieving your CMRR should you wait unit your CR shows the item in dispute?

Q#2: How long is the item susposed to stay in dispute, i.e, once they validate the debt, are they supposed to remove the DISPUTE disclaimer????

</blockquote>

Ya know that's a good question (#2). I still have my CR showing things with the dispute disclaimer from last year. I guess that means that they never remove it, but I could be wrong.

Andi

ok, what is this for anyway???

Let see, if you send debt validation to the collection agency, then follow up at the same time to dispute with the CRAs, technically - since CRAs have 30 days to investigate - this is the usual time you also give the collection agency to respond to your debt validation.

Think technically you should wait the 30 days provided; to see the out come, casue the CA can respond by a few different ways, either data is taken directly from tape, verification notice is completed and mailed back, or they could go for manual update. With this many different means, there is no way to know of the time for sure. I think if push come to shove, they might be able to move as fast as a day or two on the update. Just depends on what the company has available to their disposal for contacting the CRAs.

That is very broad, I don't know the answer to how long it can be expected to remain. This can vary as well, since it depends on if the dispute is resolved, or if nothing further is ever done on the companies part or the consumers part. I do believe it will stay on the credit report.

My DH has an account in dispute, but only because the creditor added it themselves due to a billing dispute with another company trying to add charges, I tried once calling in to reverse the dispute status - since it was viewed negatively by our motrgage broker. But we got by with providing letter of explaination & confirmation letter from the creditor explaining that the dispute was not with them directly. Will have to call back again to see, if now - that the dispute is no longer an issue if they will remove the statement since better then 6 months later it still is on his credit report.

<blockquote>Originally posted by sisflomi

They are supposed to put it in dispute as soon as they get the letter from you if it is already reported to the cras. They should do an auto update or something like that.

It stays marked in dispute until they validate the debt with you.

</blockquote>

Thank You.

So what do you think is up with NINER849, she disputed with the CRA and it came back verified in 2 days, no "indispute" and NINER849 waited till she got her CMRR from the CA( after DVing them?)

.... I think if she may have both the CA and CRA in one shot and with a PI she could prove that computerized validation has a major flaw.

.... If that's the case some CONSUMER ADVOCATE attorney's might be willing to compensate Nine very well !

-What do you think?