Stupid Equifax!

techgoddess

Well, I just did the daily PG check and noticed that EQ finished their investigations for my DH. The verified Discover and even though Discover had updated that we paid (still didn't say zero, like it's supposed to but that's another story), they updated it to what it said before!!!!! They're saying that we're still owing $4000! I'm growing more and more convinced that EQ hires mentally retarded people! What do I do now?!

It is ultimiately Discover you have the issue with not updating right now with Equifax. Equifax, is just a medium that sometimes messes up to our benefit, but for the most part - everything if done by the creditors word.

You want to 1) Have discover send you letterhead paper stating specifically the account # referenced has been paid in full (and signed by their personnel). 2) Forward this to the CRAs directly.

Oh - you said you wanted it deleted? Was this negative collection or charge off? or lates?

So actually in this case, contacting Discover is the last thing you want to do - since they will only update it to show charge off paid.

Back to the drawing board, to dispute again and try and find something or hope sometime down the line you can bump this one on your own.