Credit limit Increase?

Lucifer

I have a First USA BP Platinum card. I've had it since July 2002. It is my first credit card and only tradeline. I have never paid late. I was wondering when they are going to give me a credit limit increase? My limit is only 1000. I want to pay it off (current balance of 985) and buy a G4 17" Laptop but if they dont increase my limit I wont be able too. Also I would like to get a limit increase where I can get a Chase, Discover, or Blue from AMEX.

P.S. With me only having one tradeline and only 1 year of credit would I qualify for a Blue AMEX with 700 FICO's?

Please, any input would be appreciated

Well you should just call up First USA and ask for an account review; requesting credit limit increase. They may do a pull, but you will know right immediately - if they say know then ask why what their requirements are.

I really don't know the underwriting for qualifying on these other ones which you mention. But you should go directly to their web site and read up on their approval policy to know for sure.

Now having 700 FICO scores you should be able to qualify for something for sure, just not definite on who - with having had such a short credit history.

Thanks for input Ill wait until after August to call them this way my credit reports will be free of High balances,Inquiries, and Fraud Alerts. Im hoping they'll automatically increase the limit after the 1 year marker? Thanks again for the input...