Anyone got a minute ..or 3?

after7

First let me say this site is wonderful and has been most helpful to me and for that I thank you all .This is my first post and well I want to get some feedback as to where I now stand and what should I do next . Verizon chargeoff acct from 1993, (theres a kick to this) where do I start it, Well it reads opened in 1993 and date of last activity 2000 I disputed as not mine(Identity theft) because in 1993 Cellular One was the OC and years later Verizon bought Cellular One so I figure prove it, I sent Verizon a DV letter.. Nothing , I sent them an Estopple and from From the "ID Fraud" unit they sent an Affidavit of Fraud & Forgery to fill out and send back they also want a copy of my drivers license and copy of my SS card and a copy of a police report that i must go and file. I sent them a letter saying that I asked for proper validation and that was not proper debt validation and they were obligated to report accurate verifiable info and that they were in violation of the FCRA as were they for not reporting the dispute with the CRA's .They sent me back the same forms again for me to submit but also writing "with the correct and completed forms they would investigate my claims and report within 30 days". If it comes back verified what should I do next? Hit the CRA's :?

Have posted information in the legal section for id theft issues; read there - that will show you what the OC expects to substaniate fraud.

They really do expect the things which they ask for if they are going to help you in the matter, otherwise being an original creditor they can assume what they want with your name on the account - how ever it come to be there.