Dealing with MBNA and SHERMAN ACQ

three seasons

I am new to the board – thankful that it is here on the web! I have several items I would like to get feedback on after a little background –

I have started this process by disputing information with the three CRA’s. Several items have been verified, some are pending, and some have been deleted.

Questions:

1.[TAB]I have a collection account with Sherman ACQ. The account has been re-aged, and the balance has increased. This is slated to fall of my CR in 3/2004 (per my Experian CR) I have read about people having major issues with Sherman. If Sherman comes back to the CRA as verified, where is the best place to send Sherman a DV letter and how do I go about challenging the debt amount and dates?

2.[TAB]MBNA sold an account to Commercial Financial Services (CFS). CFS is not reporting the tradeline, but MBNA is still reporting the tradeline. Is CFS still in the CA business? And if not, who picked up their accounts? If CFS went under taking my account with it, then how do I deal with MBNA? MBNA will fall off the CR in 6/2004

Both accounts are the biggest items being reported (About 6K each) I have the money to settle both if an agreement can be reached, but I am cautious in dealing with Sherman, and MBNA said that they couldn’t take my money!

Thanks – any insight/advice is appreciated!

threeseasons ,

I have dealt with Sherman on a couple of occasions and actually found them to be reasonable and professional. Their phone number is 800-363-3115. Address is 9700 Bissonnet Street, Suite 2000, P.O. Box 740281, Houston, TX 77274-0281. I was pleasantly surprised.

<blockquote>Originally posted by Susan811

threeseasons ,

I have dealt with Sherman on a couple of occasions and actually found them to be reasonable and professional. Their phone number is 800-363-3115. Address is 9700 Bissonnet Street, Suite 2000, P.O. Box 740281, Houston, TX 77274-0281. I was pleasantly surprised.

</blockquote>

Sherman employee!!! Sherman employee!!! How much are they paying you???

Really, just kidding. ;)

So if Sherman is in Houston – then they are doing business in Texas – I read somewhere that they stopped at the first of the year – thanks for the contact info . ..

Now for question #2 – Commercial Financial Services. . . I have no idea where to start on this thing!

[Edit by three seasons on [TIME]1057269013[/TIME]]