Very Confused

dragnlili77

As some of you may remember, I decided to write up the CRA's and get some changes done to my credit report. Well, I sent off all my letters on the 16th, and got the green cards back stamped the 19th, and 20th for two of them. Anyway, I got a letter in the mail today from TransUnion. All it says is that Re: Name Change, they have made the name change I requested, and then said Re: Credit Report, it says if I want to contact a creditor regarding information TransUnion is reporting about me, to contact them at the following addresses...then lists all the addresses for me.

What now? What does that mean actually....that they are not going to investigate??? Why?? Confused here :?

Thanks in advance for any help...

Candice

Okay...I think this is another case of trying to get 15 more days out of me, but I want to make very sure...

I got a letter in the mail today from Equifax telling me that they need more information from me (copy of ID and proof of address) to verify me because my current address does not match what they have on file. Then it says that I should resubmit my disputes along with that info to them, but it doesnt say that they cannot or will not investigate without it...only a little sentence at the start of the letter saying that they look forward to assisting me. So am I right that this is another 15-day ploy?

no this is not a ploy. they have a lot of outdated info. It happened to me also Imailed them the info they asked for and every thing was fine. they now have til july 3 to respond.I know its very frustrating.

In your dispute, did you list your address and name and social security number as it is listed on your credit report?

If it is different it may be a genuine request. Make sure the info is the same as the CR your obtained. I always send a

copy of my drivers licence with the number blacked out.

[Edit by timbercreektech on [TIME]1057007631[/TIME]]

dragnlili, i sent out my first letters early in June and got a similar response from TU. I was gonna contact them and ask about the dispute they didn't mention, but I figured they were being vague so I would write them again. Glad to see others think it is just a game they play.

Good luck with your first round.