More on removing inq. bumpage or not

C Whitney

I talked to a CSR at Providian yesterday (Rachel) She called EX and TU for me to ask if a letter they (Providian)has sent me would be enough to get some inqs. removed from my CR. Rachel said that TU told her I could just dispute inq. online. So.... I went to the web site and disputed away each item as other ie: Co. name:Chase Bank reason: other; comments, I have not applied for credit at this bank. I did this for 6 inq ( didn't want to seem greedy and go for all 14) These 6 were for the most part the most recent and I have been pulling PG daily but not WK ( until just two days ago) Had not noticed any bumpage on TU but some inq had fallen off EQ . Imagine my surprise this morning when I logged into WK (I can no longer pull PG due to law suit against EQ) and found 8 of 14 inq GONE!!! :D :D :D

Only one of the deleted inq was one that I had disputed the night before and they were all the oldest ones but some were less than a year old. It was certainly too soon for TU to have deleted the inqs due to my online dispute besides the missing inqs were not the ones I disputed (except one Chase Bank from 2002) so..... it must be bumpage! :p :p :p :p :p

Wish this would work for EX, I have a bunch of inqs on that CR that I would love to get rid of!

Hey, C you can try the following to get the inqs off exp. It worked for me, I disputed about 8-10 inqs this way, and they put them indispute right away over the phone. I used the number listed here. It took the entire 30 days as usual, but they are now deleted!

EASY TO GET INQUIRIES OFF EX & EQ. TU HARDER.

EQ Technique

Call them up (888 873-5357) and tell them that you don't recognize the inquiries and that you never authorized them. That's it. They will tell you that they'll put in dispute for 21-30 days but in reality they take it off in a few days. THAT'S IT FOLKS!!!

EX Technique

Call them up (800 583-4080) and ask for their fraud department, tell them you have inquiries that you did not authorize and that you don't recognize. They WILL put them under investigation for 30 days and then delete them. Not one that my girlfriend & me dispute (over 20) have ever been verified.

They may ask you if you want to put a fraud alert on your account. You can do that if you like. To cancel it at any time you just call them back up and tell them to cancel it and they will cancel it within 7 days.

It may help if you put a fraud alert first then 2 days later make the call. Adds validity to your claims.

THAT'S IT FOLKS!!

TU Technique (I've heard about)

1) Threaten to sue after following up with letters sent CRRR.

2) Sob stories (my girlfriend got all hers off with this technique)

3) Bumpage

I will try that method for EX, I really need to remove as many as I can. Should I start with the older ones or newer ones first and how many do you think i can get away with?

I will also keep an eye on remaining inqs on TU ( the ones I disputed on line) to see if they are deleted.

Thanks for your help! :p :p :p :p

[Edit by C Whitney on [TIME]1057344069[/TIME]]

It is what happens when you pull your own reports from WK, PG, EQU and TU. After you have pulled so many softs, it starts to b.u.m.p the hards off. It only works for TU and EQU, not for experian at all. It takes about 130 softs for this to start happening. Be warned that doing this could split your credit reports into more than one. A split is bad, you don't know what report will have what info on it. It has been a pita for me, and I still don't have it fixed yet. You also don't know what score you will end up with for each report, or what report a creditor will see when you apply for credit. Some have also had 3 files, the one file splits into 3. If you only have a few I wouldn't advise doing this, it seems to work better when you have a lot of inqs on your report.

Well, you would notice this pretty much on your own. In my case I got two different reports sent to me, and a third one that came seperate. Just have to really watch your reports and keep your eyes open for anything that looks funny. In my case, one report had 3 bad and 3 good, thats it out of more than a total of 30 items, I had 6!! It also said I was in their files since May 03. I first obtained credit in 1989. It threw up a red flag.