Judgements and CA's

Xanathos

I just checked my PG this morning, and that judgement I had issued against me fell off of EQ in round one as well(fell off EX in round 1, haven't tried TU since I'm going to court with them)...which is good, judgements are nasty and this has been relatively painless.

My question comes with regards to the CA that's collecting on the same debt as that judgement...they've been adding interest illegally to this "debt"(a lot of other things they're doing illegally as well, but we don't need to go into that)...by getting these judgements off my report, am I ruining my claim against them for illegally tacking on interest? Should I leave the judgement on TU until I'm done dealing with that CA in court? Or is it ok to go ahead and have it pegged off?

If you can dispute things still with TU you might as well get it off. But if you are serious about taking them to court, you might want to wait. TU is prob really watching you right now if they know you are going to sue them. They could use anything you do right now against you in court. Like, you dispute judgment as not mine. TU might delete might not. TU might just go straight to court house to get proof you have the judgment and then proof that you lied on report and said its not mine. This could harm your character in court room.

Now for the CA, they can add interest to the judgment. You have to find out what the amount is for TEXAS. I know its 12% here in Michigan. What are the other violations they have made? Texas seems to be debtor friendly and violations could be your key to getting them off your back.

<blockquote>Originally posted by sisflomi

If you can dispute things still with TU you might as well get it off. But if you are serious about taking them to court, you might want to wait. TU is prob really watching you right now if they know you are going to sue them. They could use anything you do right now against you in court. Like, you dispute judgment as not mine. TU might delete might not. TU might just go straight to court house to get proof you have the judgment and then proof that you lied on report and said its not mine. This could harm your character in court room.

Now for the CA, they can add interest to the judgment. You have to find out what the amount is for TEXAS. I know its 12% here in Michigan. What are the other violations they have made? Texas seems to be debtor friendly and violations could be your key to getting them off your back.

</blockquote>

Well, I don't live in Texas, I live in Tennessee, this CA is in Washington. But with the debt reduced to a judgement, they can't tack on the amount interest that they are tacking on(they're adding something like 4 dollars a week to a 600 dollar claim). Thing is, the debts truly aren't mine.

As for TU, they know I'm suing them--we have a court date of the 25th of this month. I figured I would hold off on any correspondance with them until that is resolved(they deleted the tradelines I'm suing them over... just they did it after I filed suit against em and had em served.. can you say "admission of guilt that the credit repair agency refusal to investigate letter is illegal"?)

On the topic of "other" violations for the CA. 1) They aren't licensed or bonded to collect debt in my state 2) I sent them DV, and then disputed with the CRA's, and they verified the debts without validating to me, or even giving me a "screw off" letter. 3) They are tacking on interest illegally. There are 2 others, but we won't go into those... those 3 I listed right there are the meat of it.

<blockquote>Originally posted by sisflomi

You need to have this vacated if its not your debt. And you need to find what the interest is for TN. Sorry about that, thought you were texas for some reason. I didn't find the amount allowed in TN.

</blockquote>

I'm not sure I need the judgement vacated...I'm not really sure there really *is* a judgement...these aren't instances where I dispute with EX/EQ and they wait 30 days and delete due to no response. These are instances where I dispute, and a week and a half later, they're gone. And if there is one, I certainly don't wanna bring any undue attention to it beyond getting it off my report...I'd have to fly clear out to Washington and go before a magistrate to get it vacated on the grounds I was never served with this thing, otherwise I would have squashed it before it got to court.

The interest is moot, honestly. They(the CA) can't apply ANY interest, because they can't make collection activities on me, and that includes placing tradelines on my CR. I've got em on enough to take them to court right here and now, but I want to finish up with my lawsuit against TU first before I go taking on a second suit(plus, I'd like to use the money I get from THAT lawsuit to fund the one against the CA). I also need to see if TN has a longarm law that entitles me to drag the CA to me to sue them. I obviously am not going to fly all the way out to WA to file suit against these bozos.

I'm in no real rush, to be honest...I really thought this would take me till the end of the year to clear my credit up, but as it stands, I'm almost done.. my only sticklers are a zero balance chargeoff on all 3 reports(which I think I'm stuck with), this CA on all 3(whom I'm about to take before a judge), and a closed bank account on EQ I can't shake loose, and then maybe one more round with TU to wipe out 4 things I didn't dispute in round 1 out of apprehension of seeming frivolous. I've only been at this for 2 rounds, and I'm already about 85% of the way finished only having to do 1 DV letter, the rest through CRA disputes.. I can live with that :p.