Omigosh! My PG score went up 62 pts?

rcsrodriguez

How? Why? I had some disputes pending, and I see that a 30-day late that was on my current car note has been corrected (it truly was incorrect.) I still have 2 charge offs on my report and have a question concerning one. One is a recent discover charge off and shows a balance of $0 but TU does reflect a high balance. It was opened Jun 95, but charged off recently (mar maybe?) Ok so Palisades Collections has picked it up and is reporting it as an acct opened Apr 03 for the full amount and is reporting it as a charge off too? Can I have TWO charge offs for the same acct on my report?

In any event I am shocked though pleasantly :o that I had such a jump! I started out at 610 on 7/14, was a 620 on 7/28 and am now a 684 as of today! I am off to pull hubby's too.

We were approved for an FHA Loan and should be closing by the end of this month (and this is WITHOUT having to pay off our charge offs!) This board has been great. Let me tell you I am not done yet, as I am going to continue working on our reports, but I truly have learned A LOT and put a lot of these true and proven techniques to work already! Thank you all!

April 2003 - This is the asign date; they picked up this collection. The reporting period will go from the OCs reporting. The CA should note who the OC is that they are collecting for. So the CRAs should remove the CAs tradeline when the OC's reporting expires.

Yes, they can report at the same time on this debt unfortunately.

How? Why? I had some disputes pending, and I see that a 30-day late that was on my current car note has been corrected (it truly was incorrect.) I still have 2 charge offs on my report and have a question concerning one. One is a recent discover charge off and shows a balance of $0 but TU does reflect a high balance. It was opened Jun 95, but charged off recently (mar maybe?) Ok so Palisades Collections has picked it up and is reporting it as an acct opened Apr 03 for the full amount and is reporting it as a charge off too? Can I have TWO charge offs for the same acct on my report?

In any event I am shocked though pleasantly :o that I had such a jump! I started out at 610 on 7/14, was a 620 on 7/28 and am now a 684 as of today! I am off to pull hubby's too.

We were approved for an FHA Loan and should be closing by the end of this month (and this is WITHOUT having to pay off our charge offs!) This board has been great. Let me tell you I am not done yet, as I am going to continue working on our reports, but I truly have learned A LOT and put a lot of these true and proven techniques to work already! Thank you all!

I'm disputing some lates on my equifax too. According to EQuifax, if the CREDITOR doesn't respond in 30 days, they will remove all lates and keep the ACCOUNT active. TU is the only CRA which will remove the TL if the creditor doesn't respond.

rc,

try sending DV letter to Palisades. I had a collection from them and they did not respond to my request. There is another thread here on what a scam they are. I am waiting on CRA investigation to end now. Hopefully I will be rid of Palisades soon.

Congratulations on your mortgage!

dc

This is a legitimate acct (it's from my charged off Discover) I guess in that the amt matches what was last annotated by Discover, but I can't believe the very first month they started "reporting" or assumed it they reported it as a charge off also. Don't they have to wait the same amt of time before they can report it as that?

I will do a search for them here on this site. Thanks for the heads up. If they can't validate then what? Do they have to remove and Discover just sells it to someone else? I need to read up on the collection site I suppose to learn more. I believe the oc has the acct listed in my maiden name...do I remove that from my report before requesting validation?

I would definatly lose my maiden name before you dispute it to CRA. If they do not respond, send the green card with copy of the letter requesting validation to the credit bureau. Its important that when you receive the green card back you dispute it as not mine. That way if CRA says verified, then they are in violation for reporting a debt that has not been validated.

See the sample letters link above, there is a great letter for CRA.

I got Midland deleted for me and DH through this method. I have Palisades and several others pending, we shall see!

Read the DV link above too, it gives you step by step instructions. I even found 4 CA that were not licensed in my state, after writing them, I had them all send either a letter of paid in full or deletion. You may check that out too.

That is very interesting! How do I find out if they are licensed in my state. I found that Palisades has a VERY bad rap concerning false ATT accounts, though I don't think my $7k acct is over an ATT acct?! LOL

So I understand again what I should do...

1. Have maiden name removed from report

2. Send debt validation to Palisades

3. Upon receiving green card dispute as not mine to CRA

4. Wait and see?

Thanks again!

So what does this mean?

Company Information: PALISADES COLLECTION L L C

210 SYLVAN AVE

ENGLEWD CLFS, NJ 07632-2503

Registered Agent: CORPORATION SERVICE COMPANY

1 COMMODORE PLAZA, 800 BRAZOS STE 3

AUSTIN, TX 78701

Registered Agent Resignation Date:

State of Incorporation: NJ

File Number: 0703832423

Charter/COA Date: June 9, 1998

Charter/COA Type: COA

Taxpayer Number: 32000780307

I mean I know they are kind of crummy. I have read enough info to know that. I imagine they are the individuals who are leaving pre-recorded messages daily on my home answering machine. I have yet to receive anything in writing from them stating that they have been assigned my Discover acct, simply a voice asking me to contact blah, blah, blah. I just don't like that I have the same acct twice on my report the oc and now them as collections. Neither of my two other charge offs are like that..... :(

I know when I had looked up existing collection agencies in Illinois - there had been an option to click on violations (or something of the sort).

This would open up a new page showing what they had done, what they where fined and if they completed their requirements.

I think that is what has happened here, this company must have an additional report somewhere showing why they are rated this way.

• 1 month later...

Read the DV link above too, it gives you step by step instructions. I even found 4 CA that were not licensed in my state, after writing them, I had them all send either a letter of paid in full or deletion. You may check that out too.

What did you say to them? I found that a CA on hubby's report is not licensed, debt is past SOL, and they are reporting date of last activity as the date assigned and not the actual last date of activity. They don't validate, they verify, they are basically bad news. I asked my AG's office if they can still report if they are not licensed, and got a snottly letter back saying that they could not stop them from reporting just because they were not licensed. So back to the issue, what exactly can you do if you find out they are not licensed in your state?

I am tooooo tired to go to court. I just want it off his report. They actually deleted on experian for some reason....months after I disputed. I just found out they are not licensed in my state, so I thought I could threaten them with something besides me taking legal action. If I sic the state AG on them, they will have fines etc, but will that make them go away? or will they just lurk around our credit reports re-aging as they see fit?

I should have opened a new thread for this...sorry all!

Well, if you know you are having problems with them re-aging then that is another notch against them.

A well worded intent to sue letter, might just scare them off... but you will need to put in some leg work to hunt down all relevent laws that may apply to move them to action.

Also, don't disregard any of your back credit reports... keep an eye on this... if you see the dates changed (then forward current and past copy of the credit report) to the CRA pointing out the fact of the matter and that you want this removed - might not happen but at the least they will revert the date and also filing a complaint with the FTC will surely see them get slapped with fines.

But why let the FTC be the only one to profit form this abuse, is how I see it.

Also, don't give up hope... maybe what you need to do is wait for CHOD (timing it just right to hit them with disputes during the holiday - might just result in deletion).