I need computer financing

jewel1980

hi,

I need to get a new computer and I went down to the financial aid office Friday and I went to check to see how much my package was worth and I have enough to pay for a computer in cash, but eventhough I go to a large state university they do not have a seperate school financial aid computer financing plan like the largest state university does so I was wondering if anyone knew who would approve me for a student computer loan

I checked out Gateway (MBNA issues the money for loans there) and Dell has MBNA and Cititbank I have been denied by both of the banks in the last year for a student credit card so I do not want to apply with them

I heard about the student computer loan from apple computers, however, I do not like apple macs, so if anyone knows of somebody I can finance with

I will even put the money up front as part of a secured loan at a bank (finance companies charget to much interest for a personal loan to finance a computer with them) I just want to get it financed somewhere so I can start rebuilding my credit while I am trying to rid my life of these big corporate meanies know as WELLS FARGO BANK

tu fico-565

ex fico-602

eq fico- they said that they cannot generate a score for me b/c I do not have a revolivng credit account (go figure-whatever)

thanks,

jewel

Can you get a co signer? that's probably the only way you'll get financing with anything approaching a decent rate. It seems that most computer companies use either MBNA or Wells Fargo, and both are tightfisted.

yeah my parents would cosign with me, however, my view on credit now is I do not want a cosigner on anything ever again nor will I be a cosinger once I have credit power to be cosigner unless it is a life and death matter

but thanks for the info

what I am hoping for is that I can get a secured loan from a bank by providing the money I was going to use for the computer and then they just issue me a check for the same amount and so actually it is like I am only paying interest, sorta kinda

thanks

jewel

Would suggest pulling copy of your credit report from all 3 CRAs yourself, taking that to a local bank or credit union.

And asking the loan officer if that is good enough to get a secured loan with them, tell them specifically that you don't want them pulling your credit report until you give them permission since this is important and you are wanting to build on your credit.

If they don't, think so - you saved your self a pull, if they say yes, then they will need to pull credit report to seal the deal.

OK first off, most computer financiers won't put that on your credit report unless things go sour. I know Dell and Gateway don't.

Second, why would you want to buy a mass marketed piece of crap, evne if it DID help your credit? Get a custom built one...better parts, a LOT better price, etc.

Hell, you can find a decent rig on eBay for 3 or 4 hundred dollars, unless you're a power user...and even then I can direct you to a good one for the 650 range

I've had three cosigned lines (2 my parents cosigned, one I was the cosigner) and none of them ever said anything about being cosigned. the only thing that ever referenced being cosigned was the car registration.

Having a cosigner is not a bad thing, and just like being an AU, it's a good way to begin the repair process.

here is why I will probably never again cosign anything or have anything cosigned for myself unless it is some kind of extreme circumstance

due to me cosigning a mortgage and car loan that my husband could have gotten on his own, was the one and only reason I had to file BK7 in the first place I was 18 when I got married four years ago, and the intent was to build my credit as a cosigner well that idea bombed and now my credit is tanked and shot and I am only 22

that is why and those two accounts are on my CR but thanks for the advice

jewel