Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

TU wont remove inquiries

I wrote a dispute letter to TU and they wrote back and said that they wont dispute them. They said I had to write to each creditor. So I called the FCC and they told me it was a funny situation and the inquiries dont fall under the FCRA. So can anyone help or have any ideas? Thanks....

Actually, I beleive hey have to, I have the same problems, Unfortunately I haven;t sent my "greens cards" yet. Here is the way I see it. The FCRA states they must report correct information on you credit report, hmmmmm, and you can dispute any information on the report with them.... Keep the letter, $1,000 each inquiry, because each inquiry is a violation, sue them, sue them, sue them

Right there on my Trans Union report, it says the #2 reason my score isn't higher (currently 639) is "too many inquiries." Number of inquiries affect credit scores and approval decisions, and they're required to show only accurate information, so I don't see what legal basis they have to refuse investigation. I sent a letter a week ago to dispute 7 inquiries showing up on my report that I darned sure didn't authorize. I have them on a couple other violations as well, and if they send me the "inquiries are just a statement of fact" letter back (as I expect), I'm going to sue!

They absolutely have to investigate. Refusal to do so is a violation.

So should I threaten to sue them and try to make them do it or should I just go for it and do I sue on each inquiry or is it just one violation.thanks...

Send them an intent to sue, sue them, serve them, hopefully go to court and win OR have those inquiries removed.

that's weird, TU deleted 5 inquiries the first time I disputed. I only do a few at a time. I have 14 all together. Try doing a few at a time.

Thats a good idea to try just a few at a time. The only problem I have is I dispute 7 or 8 collection accounts and they didnt have a problem with deleting those(which is a good thing). And if you think about it the law is the law, but sometimes we have to work with the law I guess. Do you think I should send a letter of intent to sue or just call them. Or just send a new dispute letter with just a couple few inquiries. Thanks...

[Edit by buckeyesfanj4 on Wednesday, October 9, 2002 @ 04:32 AM]

Wyndo,

I had something recently that sounds like what you posted. I'm wondering if I can sue as well.

Back in August, I got a report from a third party. Since then, that third party has soft hit my credit three times without my permission. What makes me angry is they have no right to soft hit since I don't owe them anything, and I haven't asked them to.

I sent them an email and in the mail a request to stop or to prove I authorized such a transaction.

Depending on what they say, could I sue them for this? What say the gallery..... :ooh: