Sign in to follow this  
Anonymous

Suing a Collection Agency

Post a new topic with "calawyer help" in it. Haven't seen this user in awhile but he/she is a lawyer in CA. Maybe you'll get a response.

Thanks. Did I tell you that I'm going to go to law school now? I've decided to get myself in the position to be able to help others. There are just some times that you have to go above and beyond small claims. It'll take me a little bit to get my degree, but I will be taking all cases on a contigency basis!!! :D Have a good weekend, all. I will post after court on Tuesday.

Yippee ki yi ya! Hey you guys, that BBB works like a charm. After 3 letters to J.J. MacIntyre, which they ignored and did not respond to at all, one little complaint to the BBB got immediate action. I can't remember exactly when I filed the complaint with them, I think it was last Friday or Saturday. I got a letter from J.J. MacIntyre today (copied to the BBB) saying they will delete both collection accounts from all three bureaus. WaHOOOOO!!!! :D

I can't remember now where I read about complaining to the BBB, but I sure bow down in grateful thanks to whoever it was that pointed me in that direction.

I think I might go ahead and file suit against them anyway. I don't think people should have to spend this much time and energy forcing CAs and CRAs to follow the law. While I am very happy that the intervention of the BBB got the results I wanted, I am angry that J.J. MacIntyre wouldn't deal with me, but when the BBB spoke, they snapped right to attention. It's the classic case of the bully who only picks on people smaller than they are (in this case, they only thought I was smaller than them ;)).

Next step is to file complaint with the BBB for my roommate's J.J. MacIntyre collection account.

We shall overcome! :D

[Edit by herauntsis on Wednesday, August 7, 2002 @ 09:18 PM]