Sign in to follow this  
demoncasterouter

My email to an exec at EQ

Ms. Blah,

I wanted to thank you for having someone call me from CSC. A lady called me and was very helpful. I appreciate it very much. However, when I logged on to my Privista.com account today (a monitoring service which helps consumers monitor their Equifax credit report), I was appalled by what I found. I had 9 alerts (which means that 9 things had changed with my Equifax credit report, today). Sure enough, 9 POSITIVE trade lines were deleted today (and no, none of these had reached the 10 year mark yet). Now, I don't suppose this was because I complained was it? No, of course not.

Is this how CSC/Equifax treats people when they complain? Yes, I realize that CSC handles my report. But the fact is that CSC and Equifax are still pretty much one in the same. I spoke to Ms. J. today, who said she would help me with it, but knew nothing about it......I just wonder.

I'm sure before this is all over, everyone that I speak to will have no knowledge of how this happened, or who did it. But if it is TRUE that no one at Equifax knows how this happened, then that means that you all at Equifax have one of three problems:

1. Ms. J. is the one who deleted them and is lying to me, which means you don't have control over what your "affiliate" is doing, which could cause serious legal problems for Equifax in the future. Surely you know that at some point in time, there WILL be someone else like me that comes along that won't put up with this kind of nonsense either.

2. The lady that called me from CSC didn't like the fact that I "sicked" corporate on them, and so just decided to play a get back game by deleting 9 positive trade lines from my report. This also means that you don't have control over what your affiliate is doing. OR:

3. Someone that receives faxed disputes at CSC, is seeing that I've got too much correspondence coming in lately, therefore I must be one of those "people" trying to "repair" their credit. "So let's show him by removing 90% of his credit history." This, once again, would mean that you don't have control over what your affiliate is doing.

As you sit there and read this email thinking "I wish this man would go away", just put yourself in my shoes. Would you like it if this happened to you? Lets say tomorrow you leave Equifax to go work somewhere else. Suddenly, you notice after 8 years there is a horrific amount of erroneous items on your Equifax report. So you dispute them, and the company doesn't quite handle things the way they're supposed to. Bob and all your other work buddies are gone, and you have no more "insiders" to help you. Then you complain. Don't you think they're going to do the same things to you that they've done to me?

I will tell you this: whoever did it, is a person that knows what they are doing. Do you know how I know this? Because whoever deleted them knew that they were old trade lines that had not been updated in a while, and would not be updated again. This person knew that the companies would not come back to see if they were being reported correctly because of their age and the fact that they were positive trade lines). They also knew to leave my one and only good recent trade line alone, because NW Bank is a current customer and they will be updating soon. So they knew they couldn't mess with that one.

But one thing this person didn't know: I'm NOT your average consumer, I'm NOT stupid, and I WILL NOT stand for this!

Well, now that I'm complaining more, what kind of punishment will I receive from CSC/Equifax now? Let me see if I can guess.........

1. My one and only positive tradeline will now be changed to "Please contact NW Bank for information" which will hurt my credit rating very badly. There's a common one I've seen ya'll can use to hurt me.

2. I will be blocked out, as will any creditors, from gaining access to my information. This is the most common one that I've heard from other people. Especially those who have filed suit on either CSC or Equifax. They just get blocked out in retaliation.

Is this what's going to happen to me now?

[Edit by demoncasterouter on Monday, January 27, 2003 @ 10:33 PM]

YIKES....so what happened...and how did u get this persones Email address.....care to share it...im fixin to lock horns with CSC myself

Got a call from this person at EQ. Know what she said? "Your file was too big and the system flushed those accounts." I already told her that I wasn't stupid. How could she think that I would buy crap like this? Oh, so the information that the "system" has been carrying for a while now just all of a sudden "decided" yesterday (after I raised a stink last week), that it couldn't handle it anymore?

"Dave?"

I mean gimme a break. I am not Joe Stu Pid the consumer.

Then she proceeded to tell me that there was nothing in the laws that requires them to report positive info. She said they are only required to report adverse info. I said, "No maam. There is nothing in the laws that requires you to report ANYTHING on me. And that law you're refering to is the FCRA."

This is the ultimate bull crap. And it can't go unpunished.

Pardon me while I prepare for court.

This person you spoke w/ lied. There is no law regarding WHAT THEY HAVE TO REPORT. Only that they have to correct what is disputed.

I have never ever had a credit report flushed, NEVER. We see credit reports over 6 - 10 pages long, this has to be incorrect.

Since they have deleted your good accounts, the only way you have to get them back now is to contact the original creditors and request that they re-report the information back to CSC. This is the only way, even though they said it could not be re-added. This is wrong, it can be re-added - they will most likely have to submit a UDF form if it is out of their tape system.

Yeah, there's just no denying what's going on here. Even though I there is not a specific law I can point to, I can still sue based on the "CRA's must keep 100% accurate info" deal. I mean this is not 100% accurate, right?

No judge in their right mind would side w/ them on this.

Get everything you have together, you will definately have them on neglegence for mishandeling your file. In fact would consider recording your conversations w/ them (but you have to tell them you are recording for records sake)unless they want to send you an explanation in writing covering everything you have talked to them about.

It is still hard to know, what got them going on the deletions though - there has to be something that started this. Did your dispute on any of these - for any reason? Would like to understand what happened for future reference.

What they have provided for a reason - is just not good enough of an excuse for this happening.

Ok - spoke w/ CSC, what they do is compress the files - if it is deleted this is done by Equifax. So you want to check which way they did this.

Compressed files are still there - and will be available to the creditors pulling if they request the credit report by fax. (These are just too big for the normal means of pulling).

If the good trade line was open / closed, ask the creditor to send in a UDF form to 515-223-4092 Fax.

If the good trade line was open / closed and the creditor is no longer in business - then this is a problem. There will be no way to get the info added back. * If the CRA knows that a creditor is out of business - they will do a system search to delete all trades from their data base affecting all other people having trades by the said company.

Would usually say to ask the creditor for a letter of recommendation to forward to the CRA - but they will still conduct their own investigation. And if the creditor does not respond within the 30 days - trades will be deleted no matter what.

[Edit by kb9tbq on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 @ 01:55 PM]

You mean you found someone at CSC that can think well enough to give you that info? And I'm not just taking a shot at them because I'm mad, this is the truth! The average IQ for a phone person at CSC in Houston is 80. Call them yourself and ask them questions, and then let me know what you think! This is why I have thought that Equifax was behind this all along, or at least one of the higher ups at CSC.

I'm telling you, whoever did this is SMART. They know what they're doing because they knew they couldn't mess w/ my 10th tradeline. Reason: the newest positive tradeline is a current customer, and they will be updating soon. The other companies were not necessarily out of business, they were just older tradelines that were reported once, and never updated. That's why this person thought they could get away with it. AND the person knew that I didn't have a copy of my credit report, and/or wouldn't be getting another copy for at least the next 30 days, thereby putting off when I would find out, and thereby covering up his/her tracks (in case there actually was an honest person there who would actually try to find out who did it).

So this person covered it up well, except that they didn't know that I would be alerted the moment it happened. And they didn't know that I'm not Mr. Pid. Do you know who Mr. Pid is? He's better known (and probably known at Equifax) as Stu.

I have found that CSC is bad about things like that.. I had a very good tradeline that was eight years old. It just had one thirty day late, i disputed the late and they deleted the entire account...

KB9TBQ,,, a question for you??

Do all CSR at the CRAs have specific personal passwords that they have to login to a file by, or is there just a generic password they all share?

and, Do they keep records of who accessed the files?

KB9, This is what started it.........

I faxed an intent to file complaints w/ FTC, and AG on Friday (because CSC didn't do my disputes from 12/13) to Ms. Jezek, the complaint manager at CSC. When I logged on this afternoon, I had 9 new alerts on my privista credit watch. THEY DELETED ALL 9 OF MY GOOD ACCOUNTS!

[Edit by georgiaboy on Tuesday, January 28, 2003 @ 04:58 PM]

I caled the El Paso branch of CSC this morning to ask about an updated report after disputes. The average IQ there must be about 20! The only answer I could get on several different questions was "charged off accts are closed and stay on your report for 7 years and the creditor is not going to let you charge on those accts". Even an ignorant monkey knows that! when I asked about ann acct (Cross Country bank)that was past SOL that a new CA (Sherman) came up on cr about a week ago, and wouldn't this be a form of collection on uncollectable debt, I was told "what do you mean the sol is past, accts stay on your cr for 7 years". When I asked about past due amounts on charge offs I was told "the creditors can report what they want about the acct". When I asked about the accts that I disputed that were charged off years ago and why they now show as open, I was told "well they remain for 7 years, but it must be the way Equifax reports the accts". After several attemps of explaining my questions, I gave up and ended call. Time to regroup and try again with disputes I guess.

KB9TBQ,,, a question for you??

Do all CSR at the CRAs have specific personal passwords that they have to login to a file by, or is there just a generic password they all share?

and, Do they keep records of who accessed the files?

I am not so sure about the CRA side, but I do know that every creditor that we set up below us has a user name & pass word for each user. So they can know who used the system & pulled what report. I would guess that the CRA's use the same policy for all their users as well.

KB9, This is what started it.........

I faxed an intent to file complaints w/ FTC, and AG on Friday (because CSC didn't do my disputes from 12/13) to Ms. Jezek, the complaint manager at CSC. When I logged on this afternoon, I had 9 new alerts on my privista credit watch. THEY DELETED ALL 9 OF MY GOOD ACCOUNTS

Where any of the good accounts disputed?

One of two things had to have happened - either they ran a dispute on all accounts and when the creditors Failed to report back they deleted.

or

For some unknown reason - Equifax came in and deleted the accounts. The question is why would they have been called in at a crutial time of disputing and decide all of a sudden to clean your file.

How big of a FILE did you have? How many tradelines total?

Need to look at this from every direction to see every possible approach they might have been coming from.

The thing to do now is contact all creditors to see if they can add from their end to the CRA. The listed number above is specifically for companies to forward UDF Forms - Equifax still uses this method for manual updating.

Obtain a letter from them listing the trade line info needing to be added back to the report and send in yourself. Try to get someone at these companies to coordinate with you, that when the CRA sends them verification that they will immediately respond consenting to add back the informaton. (I don't think this will work though) it is my understanding that the CRA's no longer take requests from consumers, I know this to be the case w/ Experian - but they are the hardest of the three to work with, Consumer or Business side.

<blockquote>Originally posted by kb9tbq

One of two things had to have happened - either they ran a dispute on all accounts and when the creditors Failed to report back they deleted.

</blockquote>

Demon didn't dispute the good account, she's not that dumb to do that and there would be no reason to dispute good accounts. Ther CRA does not have a right to launch an investigation on your file UNLESS you tell them to- bottom line.

or

For some unknown reason - Equifax came in and deleted the accounts. The question is why would they have been called in at a crutial time of disputing and decide all of a sudden to clean your file.

</blockquote>

It's not unknown at all. EQ is known for "punishing" consumers who dare to object. Again, just ask the people who's filed against them how EQ freezes their files and how TU puts people in the "priority department" where you can't call the regular number but have to call a special number and someone will get back to you- days later.

I know you don't believe but a lot of time, in this instance, CRA's are willfully and knowingly messing with consumers who are educated in consumer laws and dare to challenge them.

How big of a FILE did you have? How many tradelines total?

Need to look at this from every direction to see every possible approach they might have been coming from.

</blockquote>

It doesn't matter how big her file is, it wasn't split before so it couldn't have been "too big". By deleting all the good accounts, they are misrepresenting her credit history and this is total defamation of character. How incredibly peculiar that she disputes 9 bad accounts and 9 good ones disappear. Are they really THAT stupid?? You might wanna remind them of the following section:

§ 610. Conditions and form of disclosure to consumers [15 U.S.C. § 1681h]

© Trained personnel. Any consumer reporting agency shall provide trained personnel to explain to the consumer any information furnished to him pursuant to section 609 [§ 1681g] of this title.

Demon, you have one of the worst luck I've seenbut stay just the course, you're doing the right thing.