Should I sue?

I have a collection with a company thats in my state. (WA) I have sent them a DV letter twice, and 3 nutcase letters.

The proof that they sent me was unsatisfactory. My checking account was garnished twice, so the debt is now paid in full.

I disputed this collection with the CRAs and on TU it came back verified, yet the CA has yet to send me satifactory proof for validation and is still reporting it as unpaid and never informed the CRA that it was in dispute.

Is this grounds for a law suit in small claims and if so what should I do next?

Thanks

I am so close to being done with this forever but I have

a few stubborn ones left. Boat season is comming and I want

to be out on the water, not on the phone or in front of

a computer. I have been at this for 6 months. I wish

I found this board months ago. I really think I am taking

MBNA to court, pathetic for a 6 year old account!

I wish I could say the same. We just bought a boat last summer, paid cash, and now we want to sell it. (hubby says I could buy new furniture if after we sell it :D )

Im just wondering if I could sue and get these bastards! :mad:

Morrow {Love the new pic btw!}

As I recall from your first post a month or so ago, you didn't realize their was a judgment against you because it wasn't on your credit report.

If that's still the case, I'd think twice about asking them to update to a paid or, satisfied judgment. Anything with the "J" word is a score killer-paid or unpaid.

Just not sure how to advise on this. Hopefully someone else will have a better idea.

<blockquote>Originally posted by bingo

Morrow {Love the new pic btw!}</blockquote>

Why Thank you! ;)

So you think I should just shoot for complete deletion with the CRA? Dispute something else such as balance, account # stuff like that?

Boy Morrow, I just don't know what to suggest. My fear would be if that judgment still isn't on your reports doing something that would cause the CA to get placed on there. I mean, the CRA contacts the CA about the collection and they say what collection, we got a judgment?

Hopefully someone else has a better idea and will dive in.

What is the name of the collection agency? You could make sure they are registered properly in the state of Washington. Any CA attempting to collect in Washington state must be registered to legally do so. You can probably go to the Washington state site and check on this (www.access.wa.gov).

Or you could infiltrate them and call the CRAs to update the CA phone number and then when they verify they can actually be calling you and then you could say that the account doesn't exist. Okay, maybe try the first thing first.